I like a guy whose is Asian , my mom dislikes asians. What to do?

So I like a Asian guy. I asked my mom today what she dislikes about Asian guys. She said ew no I just couldnt get close to one. An she pulled a disgusted cringe type of face like they make her sick

She has no idea that I like an Asian guy but it kind of hurt to see her reaction to Asian people. I like all races and get in with Asian girls as friends an do think some guys are hot.

I've dated african, jamaican, english, turkish , white guys. Out of all of them I like turkish, white an Asian guys mostly.

The guy I like is gorgeous and a nice shy guy. When I asked her why she didn't like Asian she said why you dating one I said no and she said each to their own and said its just her opinion on them an I can do whatever but everyone wants their mom to like the guy they could date right?

He has no idea I like him we both shy an I think he's unsure whether id go for him and I am unsure whether he would date me.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 12

• image.tin247.com/vtc/100215115735-845-811.jpg

^^^ Show her that. If she still says eww then I have no idea what you can do. At the end of the day you're the one dating her and not her and she does seem to understand that. I think she just hasn't been around Asians enough to understand us.

• No offense to her but..

Who cares what others.. Anyone for that matter thinks
    If u like someone and he puts a smile on u, forget what others think.. Its ur life
    Live to what makes u happy, I'm Asian and i come from Asian culture but I can care less what my parents opinions are.. If they don't support me screw it I support my self
    Its my life, I take charge

• She doesn't like Asians?
    Asia is immense: it starts on the Bosphorus (Taksim, Istanbul) in the West, ends at the Behring Strait in the East.( near Alaska thus.) :

http://home.comcast.net/~diazstudents/mapasia.jpg

upload.wikimedia.org/.../..._projection%29.svg.png

You'll find Turks, Iranians, Iraqis, Afghans, Arabs, Indians, Indonesians, Bengladi, Pakistani, Tibetans, Mongols, Chinese, Japanese, Inuits and more , ALL very different : approximately 4.3 billion people in total

Does your mom dislike 4.3 billion people? Really... Gotta do it!

• Yo mama is one racist...
    go for sumone u like and dont let ur parents stop ur luv. If he's a god guy, i believe u cando wats right foru to get with him. He seems like a perrt good guy judging frm what u juz said. The Powa of Luv can override anything in existence to true luv x)

• What to do? Invite him over to your house to study or hang out ( that is if you two are close ). If he is nice your mom will start to like him too. Her opinions may change (:

• I've had this conversation with friends at work, and the generall consensus was Asian men think white girls won't go for them and vice versa. I think generally European women don't find Asian men attractive (you mother) but I have never come across an Asian guys who is not attracted to Caucasian European women. It's strange because you see many Asian women with white men but it's quite rare to see it the other way round. Also Asian guys tend to be shy and don't always approach white women which is why I think they usually date their own kind, like it's a safe bet.

• Maybe it's because we are known for our small pee pees

• Well your mum is going to have to accept that you're dating one at some point. She may not like it at first but she will have to grow to accept it.

• Stay within your own race.

• No I will do what I like. Stupid pointless answer. Small. Minded person!

• @ihav2fart its not a contest wtf dude

• I know it's not. I'm just being retarded as always, please don't mind my randomness.

• Your Mother dislikes them and that's something you're going to have to accept. She's not stopping you from seeing Asian men, so I really don't see the issue here? You're making a mountain out of a molehill for no reason.

If you like this guy go for it.

• The fact that you like Asian lads is fucking awsome! I Luhhh Yiu Lon Tymee <3 lol

• DNR

Disown mom.

What Girls Said 8

• Don't do anything.

I know how you feel, as my boyfriend is Asian. My mom never said outright that she doesn't like him for that reason, but occasionally makes side comments regarding culture, sometimes being borderline racist. I try to not let it get to me as I actually love the fact that he's Asian, plus our parents come from a time when racial issues were much more prominent and so their thinking can in some cases be pretty backwards.

After a few months of us being together, she saw how happy I was so sort of accepted it. Kind of agreed to disagree, so if your crush develops into more try to just show your mom that you dating an Asian guy is perfectly fine versus trying to convince her verbally which likely will just result in some tension between yourself and your mom.

• why does she dislike asians?
    I wouldn't care about what my parents think about other races, it is honestly not their business.
    They are parents but they dont tell us how we lead our lives or who we are with.
    If her primary objection ie because of the guy's characters/attitude, I would say listen to her more before decide to do anything. But since her issue is only the race, I wouldn't care. We can't choose our race we are born into, can we?

• Maybe she had a bad experience or knew someone previously who had a bad experience with Asian guys. My advice to you is go ahead and date him if you like him, when she meets him, his personality will speak for itself. I am pretty sure if you guys get serious she will see he makes you happy and accept him for that reason even if for no other reason. Don't worry, it will work out :) And if she ever crosses the line/ makes jokes on him be very stern with her, maybe not talk to her a day or two, then she'll understand that you guys are serious and hopefully her motherly sense of wanting her child to be happy will prevail.

• Its not her place to do anything she just your mom if you like someone go for it. you can like anybody you want

• Sounds like your mom just doesn't find them attractive. And who cares? Just because they aren't your mom's cup of tea, doesn't mean they can't be yours. Like she said, "to each their own". Do you. It's your life...

• It would be best if you just obeyed your mother's wishes. Sounds asinine but bringing home a dude that your mom doesn't approve of is just a terrible idea.

• Why's that? Is your boyfriend supposed to date your momma too?

• It was nice having dinner dates with my momma, I love her.

• U mean u dont fight for ur own happiness? So if ur mum ask u not to have certain dishes u just listen?

• What makes you think she does not like Asian guys? Just because she said ew no does not mean she does not like Asian guys. My mom has Asian friends and white friends and she was surprised that I introduced her to my now ex white bf but the truth is he was unattractive and I didn't realize it until we broke up. Perhaps she thinks you have a history of dating tasteless unattractive men

• I would say that saying ew to a skin colour means that she finds us gross or yucky. Means she doesn't like Asian people. Why else would she say ew after asking an opinion on another person or thing if not referring to that thing.

• Not saying she's racist. She said she wouldn't date an Asian guy!

• Your mom is not you

• Do whatever makes you happy, if your mum isn't stubborn she will eventually come around.