What dose it mean when a guy says he "doesn't know" if he want to be in a casual relationship?

I've been seeing this guy for about 2 months and we've had sex multiple times. The other day we were talking and I asked him if we wanted to keep the relationship casual since he's a very busy man (graduate student with a full time job). He told me he "didn't know". I let it go after that but now I'm curious and I don't want to hound him about it right now in fear of looking clingy.

I have different ideas of what he meant by that like he's scared that I will want something more or he just genuinely confused about what he want but I'm not sure.

Maybe I should update this... We've been on dates. It did not start out as a casual relationship but the sex is clouding things right now. Which is why I asked if we were a causal relationship.

What Guys Said 1

• Probably thought you meant casual as in committed. He is just confused. You have a good thing going.. you have sex, he has sex, don't ruin it by bringing words into it. words are for dating relationships...

• But... "casual" and "committed" are two different words with two different meanings... I don't understand how he could confuse the two.

• We've been on dates. It did not start out as a casual relationship but the sex is clouding things right now. Which is why I asked if we were a causal relationship.

• just leave it where it is... he probably thinks you are trying to put some kind of label on your status and he drew back. I also hate it when a girl asks me "so what are we"... so again.. back to last two lines of my opinion.

What Girls Said 0