Why would any self respecting woman date a fat guy?

Why would anyone pick some slob to date over someone who takes care of their body. It makes me sick seeing these slobs try to get in shape women.

Most Helpful Guy

• IKR, he'd have to be like a king or some shit.

• It's obviously for money not attraction purposes.

• Hard to say. But if ur worried, dress like shit and don't show them your car or wallet HAHAHA

• I love have a question asker talks about attractiveness when he's anonymous

What Girls Said 29

• A person's self worth isn't based on what they look like but on how they treat the people around them. A lot of guys work hard and are still fat - they might be too busy to exercise because of school, work or family or have a slow metabolism.

• Some chubby guys are super sexy! I don't think that just because a guy is chubby or out of shape that he is a slob.

Most of the bigger guys I have met are very clean and keep a clean house.

Stuff happens, life isn't easy and it can be hard to keep incredibly fit when you have a busy life. Perhaps they are focussed more on their family than being fit? Or maybe they are working hard to provide for a family?

Also, not all guys who are slobs are fat. My ex is a slob and he's skinny! He's also a chain smoker and eats junk food.

Before he met me, his idea of a well-balanced meal was a swanson tv dinner. GROSS! He sort of works out, mainly plays sports. But he also drinks at least 5 cans of pop a day.

The guy I'm currently seeing went to school to be a chef and makes amazing food! He eats fairly healthy and is super sweet! He also goes to the gym. He's super clean, his house is immaculate.

• i think some chubby dudes are pretty cute lol. idk. i've never been about bodies. mainly personalities and faces. a hot body is awesome, but it isn't close to a requirement (for me). you know how a lot of guys would take a girl with an average face and a hot body over a girl with a hot face and an average body? i prefer the opposite.

• They last longer in sex. All that gym time messes up the libido. LOL JK. But not completely. There's an article about it though. Pretty interesting.

I think your statement, "Why would anyone pick some slob-" is really specific. I don't like slobs. Not all slobs are fat. I had an ex that worked out and had a really nice body. He was a slob. Now if you're talking about slobs as in appearance. Same thing. I've seen/met/dated plenty of overweight men that dressed and looked very clean cut. Some of us can look past that fatty outer shell and love the man inside.

• there is a guy at my job who is kinda fat but he's cute and otherwise my type. I have never talked to him though, just seen him around.

• There are female chubby chasers.

Also, it#s not only about the body. The personality is what should matter the most, but even from the physical traits, there are so many that are more important than weight. I would totally go out with a chubby guy if he were cute and if I liked him ^-^

• Being fat doesn't mean you're not a good person. And people can be fat for medical/genetic reasons too so it's not a reason to be unattracted to them. maybe they never had the encouragement needed to live a healthy lifestyle. My point is, dating a fat guy does not add or take away any self respect from a woman. As human beings we are supposed to judge others on their personality anyways not what they look like. Ever seen the movie Shallow Hal? You should watch it if you haven't.

• If a guy is too obsessed with their bodies I'd start to question "Is that the only thing going on for himself?" If a girl choses the fat guy over the fit one, then it's because the fat one has showed her a great personality and down-to-earth mind-set.

• Personality and good genes

• Have some standards

• Whaaaaaa-ha-haaaaaat!! Excuse me, I do have standards and that's why I wouldn't date just any chiselled juice-head. I'd rather a guy who is gonna help me make cute babies, and even with blubber he still has great facial features, tall stature, and those are things you can never take away from him. If he has a good personality, top guy, what more can a girl ask for?

• Not everyone is materialistic and superficial... There's a lot of people who find personality a far better attraction than outside appearance.. It has nothing to do with them not respecting themselves..

• -Because she prefers big guys
    -Because she places more importance on his awesome personality than his body
    -Because he still has a great looking face and she realizes that fat can be lost but a douchebaggish attitude (like yours seems to be) is a bit harder to get rid of

Why do you care so much about what they're doing?

• It promotes an unhealthy lifestyle

• How does a fat guy dating a slim girl promote an unhealthy lifestyle?

• Makes men feel like they don't need to take care of themselves to get a date.

• Because they're nice people. I've dated fat guys and have had crushes on big guys. They where all really nice and I liked them a lot. They where so funny. And I have a huge crush on two big comedians

• Some women are actually physically attracted to overweight men. Or maybe he has an awesome personality and/or a cute face.

• Love is love - there is nothing that gets in the way of it. If I felt a connection with an overweight man, I wouldn't think twice about dating him. I see people for who they are, and anything on the outside comes second. True love is hard to find, and I'd never let it pass me by for something a superficial as a man's waist size.

• because they rather be with a cubby dude than with you :D

• Some women actually like fat guys, some women may not care if a guy is fat.

• Unbelievable

• Well believe it or not they are not my type either I prefer a healthy and fit guy myself because I am but I definitely don't shame people that don't choose to live that way or whomever chooses to date them that's their business and if they are happy then that is all that matters. Fat guys can get chicks too whether you believe or dislike it so get over it.

• Because they are able to see things beyond just the surface which is good
    Fat? I am not sure of your definition, maybe to u he is fat but to her he is just chubby or not even fat

• Sometimes you love the man so much, the body type doesn't matter. The guy might have tried to lose weight before, you don't know!

• Because we respect ourselves too much to date rude people like you.
    My boyfriend is overweight but he's the smartest, sweetest, nicest guy I've ever met. No one makes me feel the way he does. He always cheers me up when I'm sad and honestly, I'm getting so jealous over other girls because sometimes I feel like he's way out of my league. He made changes in his life for me, and made it sound like he finally had the courage because he had me to support him, not like he was giving up things for me.

• I would not. I like big dominant guys. To me that entails being able to pick me up like nothing, not crush me while we fuck lulz

• Very true

• @JMarcus50 you mad bro? Why did you just decide to harass me may I ask?

• @JMarcus50 real men don't talk about their manliness they embody it. And real men don't threaten girls, call them whore, or try to scare/intimidate them (fail BTW).

You're all talk. I like what I like. Get over it.

And oh I have no intention if ever having kids and all but the J has faded:)

• There is nothing wrong with a fat guy...

• Tbh I only see fat guys with in shape girls on tv. But anyway maybe they care more about the guys personality than his weight.

• Well it all depends what fat is defined as. Not every woman defines it the same.

• What kind of a question is that? Sorry, but love is blind.

• Come on, I am crazy over a guy who is pretty stocky but he isn't interested in me :(

• Aww what happened to you to make you so butthurt? Did some fat guy have more skill to get the girl that you wanted? http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/otcg.gif

• Because some women, aren't shallow, and actually gives a shit, about whats inside? It's not about self respect, it's about fucking love.

• You don't even know them. I'll take the slob who's kind hearted over a fit body with a douchey personalty.

• That's very sad

• Aka you're fat

• Having a booty makes you fat?
      Not only are you a douche but also stupid?
      Life must be difficult for you. Smh haha

I go to the gym with my bf:) *squats* gives you a booty too.

• Because at the end of the day, I'd rather date an overweight nice guy with a good personality than an asshole that has a nice body.
    Besides, it's their personal choice whether or not to take care of their body, right or wrong. If that's how they wanna live, that's how it is. If fit women are what they think is their type, that's their choice too.
    I guess if you wanna be disgusted by that, that's your choice. I don't mind, I guess I can see why you might be upset. I just prefer to live a minimal judgmental life.

What Guys Said 14

• It really depends. A morbidly obese guy I would say something odd is going on. Some can assume money which I am sure does go on but I also see men who are in shape with girls with quite the belly. So this goes both ways.

Also keep in mind if a girl dates a fit guy and he happens to be a a narcissistic self absorbed nut (which goes on soooo much in the fitness world!) that she can easily assume that about other fit guys too but that's really on her for assuming that about guys she doesn't know. A lot of these fitness guys have insanely inflated egos and it's all about them constantly. A lot of girls are seriously not interested in a guy who takes 10+ shirtless selfies a day and assumes that every girl that he talks to wants his dick. Browse some dating profiles of girls and see where they say that if the guy has a shirtless selfie as his picture that she doesn't want to be contacted.

Another aspect you can look at is that there are indeed girls who do not wish to date a guy that is better looking than her. Many will deny this up and down but there are some that seriously feel that if the guy looks better than her that if a better looking girl does come along that she will lose the guy so they turn down the guy ahead of time with that theory in their heads. It's all because of insecurity. This one's not as common from what I see but is a route girls do take.

• I'm not going to lie, I don't want to date a guy with beautiful locks. I would feel like I'm in competition. So no guys with awesome hair like Simba, for me.

• There's definitely a difference between being overweight and being a slob... I wouldn't even say that they're correlated.

• hey i wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that fat guy my mom was married to -_- i take a little offense to your question.

• We are all the same inside, we are all human beings not one is better than the other

• I might have a pretty big beer belly, but I'm more badass than most of those sissies with six-packs who obsess over their figure like a bunch of teenage girls. .

• Because people vary both on what they are sexually attracted to and how much importance they place on sexual attraction.

• Bizarrely, sometimes they succeed. Like, a consignment sale I worked with (it would go around to schools or churches and host big consignment sales) the founder's daughter, a really attractive, in shape blond, solid 8, married this big guy... and by big, I mean at easily double my weight. I'm 5'10 and 170 or so... this guy was probably 6ft and 300 pounds. Think of Po, from Kung Fu Panda.

• Why do you care? Maybe they have something you don't. Maybe they're more enjoyable to be around.

• Body is only part of the attraction pie... and it a smaller part of the attraction pie for women than it is for men!

• First explain me.. if it is not self respecting then how it is disrespecting?

• Aww. Some pissed out little boy is made because he can't get a girl. XD So you're taking you anger out of fat guys that can? Just sad.

• Women love fat and skinny dudes. It all about personality

• Because fat guys are FUNNY!

www.monologuedb.com/.../hangover.jpg

www.gifwave.com/.../...nny-girls-superbad_200s.gif

Then... when they turn skinny... they stop being funny.

• Becausr theyre not shallow sluts (No offense to you (maybe a little))