How can you tell if your bf or gf is mentioning about their ex to make you jealous or because they still can't get over their past love?

The title says them all. Opinions from both sides are appreciated

Most Helpful Guy

• The obvious would be comparing
    Other than that
    If they bring up about places theyve been to together or what they ate, what they did.. What he/she said.. A funny thing that happened when they were together..

In general if they're over their ex, the ex should be forgotten.. For me anyways, I honestly can't remember how my ex's look like or even their last names, anything we did or they liked is out the door.. When I get into a new relationship its fresh, I erase everything else in my past

What Guys Said 2

• Every time a guy mentions their ex. To me it would be because their trying your nerves. It's usually about how she would do something that you don't, while trying to make you feel guilty or not as good as her. I am pretty sure that doesn't feel good to you and if he's doing it on purpose you need to tell him to stop.

• It depends on what they are saying.

What Girls Said 1

• That's a tough one... I would say it depends on the context and WHY he's bringing her up. If he rants about her in a negative way (like complaining about stuff she used to do and that sort of thing) then he's probably not over their relationship and still bitter. If he brings her up a lot and doesn't seem to realize that he's doing it, then he probably still cares about her. If he says something nice about her (she was a good kisser, she used to bake him cookies, whatever) then he's probably trying to make you jealous. Regardless, its never cool to bring up your ex, especially if it's a relatively new relationship. If it bothers you, let him know!