Is he shy or has he lost interest?

Met a guy about a month ago. We exchanged social media info and then didn't talk for a while. When we finally talked he cracked jokes and gave me compliments and really seemed interested. But now if I don't write him, he doesn't write me and he takes ages to write me back too. Also I had to be the one to push for a date (even though he had initially said he really wanted to go on a date). And now we do have one set, but I am unsure. I wonder if he lost interest or something. Usually when guys are interested in me, they write to me almost everyday and really, you know, show interest. He is more than 10 years older than me, so I wonder if it has to do something with it or if he is just shy. But another part of me wonders if he's not interested. He told me I could call him anytime, but I'm like 'why don't you call me?'. Like why do I got do to everything here lol i thought YOU liked ME.

Am I being really stupid about all this? What do you all think?

What Guys Said 1

• You're not being stupid about it. As a shy dude myself, it's how I operate and it's to the detriment of my social life. My "disinterested and disengaged" is just far too similar to how I usually go about as a shy person.

Not too sure about other shy people, but if I can offer any advice, it's simply that just because they're seeming heavily uninterested, doesn't mean they actually are uninterested.

How should you approach the problem? I'm not sure. If someone were to come up to me and ask if I'm disinterested or just shy, I'd answer it straight. However, it's hard to say with certainty how this guy will think of it and react to it.

• I just wonder how shy he is because it seemed outgoing at first. He was the one who approached me and suggested we date. Maybe I didn't look too enthusiastic in the beginning and that's why he put up a wall? Or it's the age difference? I thought of calling him but I also don't like seeming too vulnerable or interested lol.

What Girls Said 0