Are you always excited in a new relationship?

I'm 29, female, been single for 1.5years. I've been on about 10 dates in the past 9 months, because before that I felt unready. Anyway, I met this guy through a friend. Super cute, has a good job, a nice place, easy to talk to. I know I like him much more than any other guy I've been on dates with. I want to see more of him. But everytime I see him, its fun, but its not amazing! He's not overly funny, or talkative. We've done all the physical stuff. I like him enough. Its only been a month. Is it normal to feel OK about someone, or should I be feel more excited by now?

Most Helpful Guy

• Mmm, I have felt the same way. I turn 30 in a couple of weeks. I honestly think there should be a feeling like you can't help but pick up the phone to talk to them and want to see them all the time. I think you need that drive to want to make them happy and find out more about each other. But I'm also a realist and I know that I'm looking at relationships in a different way than I was 5 years ago and I want different things from a relationship. And now I do struggle to feel that extra something

• What are the different things you're looking for in a relationship now compared to before?

• Well I didn't really see this until recently but before relationships for me were for fun, I wasn't really looking for Miss right. Don't get me wrong I didn't go into a relationship knowing it was going nowhere but now it's on my mind I am defo looking harder and deeper into the future of a relationship. I never really thought about marriage and kids etc but I know they are things I want... I just need to find the right person... Maybe I shouldn't Be concerned about it but now I can see my life a little different it's affecting my decisions about all sorts of things

What Guys Said 3

• if you just feel 'okay' about him then there's no hurry lol you really don't have to be excited.. Its completed normal to have mixed signals about a guy and i wonder why you don't know this already..10 dates in 9 months that's 1. something date in a day :p

• you should feel excited that you're single for 1.5 years. you've got absolute freedom

• Honeymoon phase

What Girls Said 2

• the beginning is always supposed to be exciting! if it isn't exciting, i hate to say it, but i'm not sure there's enough of a spark there. if you're not excited now, how will you be excited 3 years from now?

• Yes... then love kicks in.