If a girl has scars from cutting, do guys think thats unattractive?

Does it look bad? is it off putting?

Most Helpful Guy

• its not off putting but certainly a cause for concern i would just sit her down and get to the bottom of why she is cutting herself and healthy ways to stop and get her life back on track. but no it doesn't make it unattractive or anything like that in my opinion

What Guys Said 7

• If it's scars, as in from a while back, that's fine. Depression can happen to anyone, and they don't deserve any less love.

• yes it makes you look like you have mountain of baggage; plus if I break up with you you might go bat shit insane and threaten to commit suicide or some unnecessary drama.

• i'd not mind

• I've been at dark places in my life and I'm not one who could judge. I would understand it and as long as you were getting help or working on it it will be okay.

• Yes yes and yes

But that doesn't mean I wouldn't give her a chance.

• purely from a visual standpoint i guess it depends on where the cuts are. if they're on her arm, they'd probably be easy to ignore. if they're on her legs, boobs or ass, then that would suck.

from a personality standpoint the whole cutting thing would make me think she's weird, depressed or disturbed so that would lower my interest... unless she was really hot. ha ha.

• It's off-putting.

Because if you're cutting, you're either a) doing it for attention, or b) mentally unstable.

Neither of these is particularly attractive.

What Girls Said 2

• Any guy that has noticed my scars or even dared to say anything seemed concern and it didn't make them stop talking to me. In fact one guy said if I ever feel that sad or angry to call him up and he'd talk to me or even take me out. I guess it's depends on the guy.

• I used to cut myself too, but i got no scars. Guys usually think negative about it, but other guys dont really seem to care. Check ou the question i asked a while ago (something like should i tell him that i used to cut myself)