When a guy says "I don't want you to fall in love with me right now"?

We were talking over the phone, because lately he's been feeling a little depressed, so he was telling about everything that didn't feel right on his life, and oh well yes he is depressed, work, family, friends, etc.

So we basically have known each other for 6 months, by the 4 month we started having sex, but before we started having sex I told him I was falling for him, and said he didn't want that, because he just can't have a relationship right now.

So when we were talking over the phone he said "I just don't want you to fall in love with me right now" and then said "having sex doesn't fill the void I feel inside", but since I met you I just want to be with you (or something like that)

Ofcourse I'm trying to cheer him up and all of that, because truly he just doesn't know where he stands in life. But what does it mean "I don't want you to fall in love with me right now"?

I'm 24 and he's 31

Most Helpful Guy

• What's so depressing about his life? Didn't get a playstation 4? Only got in the top 15th college instead of the top 10th? Divorced parents? Only gets paid 20/hr? Only has like 5 friends, and he has drama with one of them? Tell him to nut up and stop being such a spoiled snob. Plenty of people have it way worse than him. if it's chemical imbalance tell him to take some prozac, or tell him to go see ebola or tb victims to see how bad life can get.

• nothing like that, he's had it rough with some of his problems, others are not so wow! but still all together it's a lot for someone

What Guys Said 3

• he means what he says, no further eplanation

• If he's hav sex with you but doesn't love you break it off because he's using you. There's no right time to fall in love. You either are in love or not. You can't force it

• yes I broke it off on monday, and he said "even if you block my calls I'm gonna call you from my house" and I was like "please don't there's no need" and he said " you can't tell me what I can or can't do" why are guys like this? If you don't feel the same way just let me go! There's no need to check on me, it's not like I'm dying or anything

• That's really weird. Sounds like he's not stable to me

• i think he is worried that if you fall in love with him he will let you down beacuse of his depressive state

• Yes I feel like the same, and also I feel like he wants me to fall in love with him, but he just says that because he doesn't want to fall in love with me, or accept it, because he's in another stage in his life and right now it ain't pretty

• Thank you! I plan on doing that, we'll see what happens :/

• best of luck to the both of you and your welcome

What Girls Said 0