Have any of you ever been cheated on? How did you get through it?

This guy lied to me while dating me and ended up marrying someone else. I didn't know about it he lied and told me he was single. It kind of sucks but how do you all handle these types of situations and how long did it take? How do you handle not comparing your self to other person they left you for who may be prettier, better, etc than you (or so you think)? Is there any tips or anything that you have done or mind sets that you have adopted to help you through the healing process?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I was cheated on my the one whom I falsely believed was the love of my life. What's worse, she cheated on me with her own uncle (yuck, incest) when she was 20 and he was 60, because at that time he had one thing that I didn't - Lots of money.

It was quite difficult for me to get over her, but I just involved myself in other activities and focusing on my career. I got over her in a couple of months, but she left me having serious trust issues with women so I have never had a relationship after that. I don't think of her anymore, but I'm too scared of getting hurt or being cheated on again.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes I have tried that, time will heal, but it's not easy for sure.

I'll have a very low tolerances for cheating as a consequence, ever since.

• She was sexting some guy while in bed next to me. She would be out late at night until 1am. She would take selfies right in front of me.

What Girls Said 2

• Twice with the same guy ~_~
    the first time was 3 years ago... I was dating this guy that was 3 years older than me. He called me Jessica and Jennifer. That's not even my name lmao. Then he had a hickey on his neck ( I never gave him a hickey.) and he sent me a text that was suppose to be for the other girl. Then long story short we broke up. I was hurt but I got over it. Then, last year I gave him another chance (which never do that.) I was getting his gift ready for Valentine's day (because it was the following day) I went all out on his gift! Like ALL out. Then he came to my house and broke up with me saying he was seeing someone else. I cried and threw his gifts at him. But I got over that. Hahah

• Yes, emotionally. My ex-bf was talking to someone before he broke up with me and it totally crushed me. I got over it within 2 weeks though.