If a man says he wants to commit on first date, is it a good sign or not?

The guy seems serious. He was a bit shy but respectful.

Most Helpful Guy

• That doesn't make any sense. After one date, he doesn't even know you.

Sounds more like he wants to commit to being in a relationship with anyone who's willing.

I'd be cautious, here.

What Guys Said 4

• he wants to commit? well at your age group he sounds like "normal-desperate", maybe he's just tired of waiting and lucking out and willing to just jump the gun with you, which could have negative repercussions.

• That's desperate, especially at our age. Don't agree!

• Either he's just being honest and its nothing to worry about, or he already likes you and is being kind of clingy.

• He is desperate. He doesn't know you, or want YOU, he just wants a girlfriend who could be anybody. He is desperate not to be single any more.

Wouldn't you rather a guy who wanted YOU, as opposed to someone who wanted ANYONE and decided you would do?

• Agree with this opinion...
      Tell him you are interested in getting to know him more but don't want to move too fast.

What Girls Said 2

• That would be a red flag for me. Why doesn't he want to get to know you better? First dates are nice and all, but you are just seeing a fragment of what is yet to come. I would go for a second date, but I would not commit on the first one. . . OR the second one for that matter! Take some time to figure out who someone is first. The fact that he isn't interested in safe guarding himself that way, (by getting to know who you are before offering commiment) makes me concerned he has some deeper rooted issues.

• He says he wants to care and be cared for by a woman with love and respect. He says he is going to be responsible toward me. I hinted at the fact that it is too early.

He said he loves to be honest.

• If he says he is dating for a relationship its ok. If he says he wants to be in a relationship with you after one date it's moving fast

• He told me that hr wants a serious relationship even before date 1.