Christian people who take their faith seriously?

i'm a dedicated Christian, I'm 21. still a virgin, never kissed a girl, never dated. i don't have any issues, it was my choice to stay that way. but now i'm in college and some girls are showing interest in me. i've tried staying friends with them, but they keep giving me signs.

Now that's not the issue. the issue is that i'm starting to want to try it , to date to do anything aside of losing my virginity (especially since i know i'm going to be good at it. i have all this confidence but i cain't use it). is what i'm starting to feel wrong? if so what is it that keeps you going, i want to remember why i'm still fighting it.

again, i'm still not thinking about losing my virginity.

the most frustrating part is that I know that i'm not ready for marriage

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, we have a lot in common :) don't want to lose our Vs... Not ready for commitment, haven't been kissed nor date anyone LMAO !!! Plus I'm also a Christian ! Why you're still fighting for it you ask? Can't you see? It's in the title !! Christiannn !!! You're a Christian and you're the kind of person who's faithful! And fighting what's right ! Keep fighting for it !!! XD

• that's the best response I got, thank you for the support

What Girls Said 5

• You can be Christian and date. Nowhere in the text does it say you must marry the first woman you date. You can also date and not sleep with each other. You can also date and not be ready for marriage. Some may disagree with that last part, but it IS okay to date as a Christian man.

• keep your morals. don't sleep around - unless you want to go to hell.

• that's not true -_-

• You are wrong about 90% of the human race going to hell - it will be closer to 98 - 99%. Jesus said the majority of Christians go to hell after they die.

• wow you re so lucky then huh

• Wow! You just made me so glad I'm not a Christian. And you actually think you don't have issues? You're loaded with issues. LLOL!

• Dude you don't have to lose your virginity if you don't want its when your ready not when other people want you to be ready. Date them and do everything else, but losing your virginity its all good. if they don't like it then you'll find another girl

• Im 18 and kind of the same way. I've never dated or had sex and I'm waiting for marriage and taking my walk with Christ seriously. But at 21 years old I don't see why you're opposed to dating. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be in a relationship, that'd the way God made us. The way I see it, when I do start dating, as long as I'm dating someone WHO'S close to God and wants to wait too then I'm ok. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to date, you have to remember that it's God one who gave us these emotions and needs. As long as you don't do anything against the word when dating then you'll be fine. Try to find a nice Christian girl who takes her walk with Christ as seriously as you do so you won fall into temptation.

• I get what you're saying but, I've been told by experienced Christian speakers, even married couples that 21's still too early, that at 21 we're still not mature enough to date, that they speak from experience :S

What Guys Said 7

• Apostle Paul said that the best thing a Christian can do is stay single. Stay away from sexual temptation.

That's his opinion. That's his advice. However, he then says that he must say what God tells him to say and that's that if you so desire sex or dating (etc.) then find a wife.

There's nothing wrong with dating. God knows your heart and it's better to give into it than to pretend, because then you are just lying.

I know how I am sexually, but I don't try to hide that. That's kind of something I have to deal with on my own.

• do you masturbate at least?

• People were f***ing before anyone invented the idea of God. If you don't want to go that far with a girl before marriage, then you'll just have to make sure she's religious too. If she isn't religious, you have no realistic shot with a girl you won't get intimate with. In any case, you have to go on dates to meet and get to know women. And it's a skill set, so even if you don't want to walk down the aisle yet, get your skills in place for when you do.

• As long as you're not trying to lose your virginity; go for it man. (Christian guy here too). Nothing wrong with dating or have a girlfriend. I mean, if you never have a girlfriend, or date, how will you ever get a wife?

• Why are you against Dating? It is how people who are romantically interesting in others get to know each other. If a girl likes you there is not much that you can do to change her mind. Your either in the friend zone or you are in the I like him area of her mind.

• There's nothing wrong with dating but just make sure the girl you're dating has the same morals as you.

• ah dude. you're missing out. Try to step away from becoming so devoted and try it... no you're not going to hell.

• hahaha thanks for the... support :P. i'm on the brink of doing just that, unless this page manages to change my mind.