Should I bring my date a gift for the first date?

what the question says, I have no dating experience, so I don't know what is appropriate, what is expected, or what is normal.

0|0
6|1

Most Helpful Girl

• No that's not necessary and it might freak her out.. I think the guy paying for the first date is kind of a "gift" in itself.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• No, you usually dont. I see a guy paying for the date as a gift. Although if you, want to be very, sweet, bring her a single flower. Nothing too fancy though, girls these days get freaked out by romance and ruin it for the rest of us.

2|0
    0|0
  • It's a first date, so I'd vote a big no on that. Just have fun and see where it takes you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree, don't go over board it will send mixed signals to her & she'll not know what way to take it. Just pay for the date & be a gentleman, a single flower is more than enough :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Flowers the most, you don't want to display your wealth on a first date do you?

0|0
    0|0
    • actually I prefer to keep quiet about how much money I have, to avoid having a woman try to use me for my money

• I would say no, paying for dinner is the best thing you can do tbh ;) if the dates progress, start with something like a single rose or something :)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• I personally wouldn't. let the date be the gift itself.

0|0
    0|0