What I do about his bad breath? DESPERATE?

Sometimes my guy has REALLY bad breath - it isn't his fault, he literally has no sense of smell so he probably doesn't have a clue.

I'm pretty much the most non-confrontational person in the world and I would feel terrible embarrassing him or hurting his feelings, but sometimes I don't even want to cuddle with him because its so bad...

So if you were in his position, how would you want to be told? Any advice on how to remedy this situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• you just sort of have to tell him. if he has no sense of smell hopefully he'd be happy to have someone tell him

just be kind and mention, I know you can't really smell well but sometimes your breath really could use from freshening. I only tell you because I care and don't want you to walk around with bad breath

What Guys Said 5

• If u smell it then so will others. Id rather it come from u than somebody else. And it is his fault its his mouth and if he looked after it he wouldn't smell!! Tell him ASAP he needs to know and its possible a medical issue that could be treated but if its personal hygiene then he just needs to brush more and a good antibacterial mouthwash

• If you're like me and my girl, you like to joke around and tease each other. When you wake up next to each other just laugh and say how much his breath stinks, and when he laughs back just say "nah but seriously it is pretty bad, please fix it".
    If I got told this I wouldn't mind at all, there's always things that you may not like about your bf and bad breath is a very small issue in my opinion.

• get him a big ass bottle of Listerine mouth wash and throw it on his lap

• sometimes if you're constipated the smell comes up and out via the mouth that might be his problem

• lol here is what you do say you got a deal of two for one teeth whitner listerine and give him one. Not the normal kind because that'll just imply bad breath lol. Tell him you've tried other whitening products but they don't seem to work but you wanna see if its not just you lol and by having him do It with you you'll know, I know its a bs reason but it'll be enough that he might not notice lol

What Girls Said 1

• I would want the person I trust to tell me. If not, who else would? I prefer to be told fast and not be embarrassed with other people in the future.

If you really can't tell him, buy him a pack of mints. I would get the hint.