Girls have you ever fallen in romance with a guy whom was just initially a friend?

A friend guy you never truly thought you would have romantic & sexy feelings.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Unfortunately he didn't feel the same for me.

• Sorry to hear that. At least he was straight up front. Saves a lot of emotional pain.

• Thank you. I hope the same...

• Thank you for MH :)

What Girls Said 11

• yes because if you really love a guy platonicly at some point its hard not to see them that way

• Yeah, but to be honest, I only saw him as a generic friend for about 2 days and then the feelings set in. I had every intention of dating him, but we spent 5 years building up a friendship before we started dating but I was crushing pretty hard that entire time. Come to find out so was he. But I'm glad we spent so much time getting to know each other without making a move.

• Wow you certainly was cautious in the right way. I admire you girls that. Actually admire both of you.

• Well thanks.

• Yes, my fiance and I were friends for 6 years but living in different countries most of that time. But when he moved here he finally made a move.

• That's nice. It was meant to be.

• no I haven't

• yes, the guy to whom I lost my virginity. we were best friends and he admitted to being in love with me when he was tripping at a party and I realized I felt the same :-) in retrospect though, maybe the friendship we had was more valuable than a flippant romance, but c'est la vie

• Feelings can develop for definite.

• Yes, my ex-boyfriend. I always thought he was kind of hot, but no real feelings until I found out that he liked me.

• I always found it odd that girls would just carry on not caring about a guy until he admitted his feelings. Doesn't really make sense.

• It was because originally I thought the thought of him ever liking me was absurd.
      After he told me, he started being very sweet an romantic, and own me over.
      But deep down, I know that around 20% of why I dated him was pity... I did love him, but not for long.

• Yea I understand. You took a bold step.

• More than once... some of my best relationships started off that way

• Thanks for that. Shows that friendship albeit just a initial companionship can potentially lead to a relationship of love.

• I think so... it just happens naturally. It's the best way to build a relationship.

• Absolutely :)

• fuck no. if you want a relationship, i need to know upfront. wouldn't it be weird if one of your BROS suddenly started hitting on you because they thought friendship would lead to a romantic/sexual relationship?

• I understand. However feelings sometimes develop most unexpectingly.

• Yes, my boyfriend and I were friends for a year before we started dating

• I'm pleased you befriended each other prior. Wise choice.

• That happened to many people I know. Me personally no.

• Chemistry genealogy mashed up I guess when you get to know a person it grows... sometimes I would say.

• That's how practically all my relationships start, i find that relationships last longer as you know each other, you can get on better and you're more compatable!

• That's true you get to know the persons likes, dislikes & habits. It can therefore grow into a relationship.

• Exactly, that's exactly the way I see it! :)

What Guys Said 0