Why do men look at a beautiful plus size girl and automatically count her out as a possible girlfriend?

To clarify confusion this girl is 5'8" and is 160-170 lbs

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 21

• Plus size as in curvy or plus size as in overweight?

If you mean curvy, i'd say you're missinformed. Most guys like that!

If you mean overweight. well, we're biologically coded to find it not appealing. It shows the person can't take care of herself, and makes for a less than ideal mate.

• My fiancee is technically "plus size," I guess. I still think she's the most beautiful woman in the world.

• To be brutally honest it's because the word beautiful doesn't belong in the same breath as "plus size".
    A woman who is plus size because she's tall ok but fat, no.

• who does that? :P srsly, automatically?

• A lot of men automatically see her as plus size and want nothing to do with her

• I can doubt that's not their true intentions.

• I don't think they do. It depends on what you mean by "plus size". I could see why they would not choose someone who is medically obese, but even they get admirerers from time to time.

• Not all men, some men are into bigger girls. But for those who aren't, being overweight is associated with unhealthy behaviors, and isn't as attractive as a thinner girl.

• Why do a lot of women refuse to date me because of my height 5'6 and who weighs 125lbs? It's because those women find me unattractive or I make them feel insecure, maybe it's a combination of the two.

But I know there are women out there who won't hold my height or my weight against me and who will find me attractive both on the outside and the inside.

The same applies to you, there will be men who won't have a problem with your weight.

• Well cause some of us guys like bigger girls , i think 5'8" 160-170lbs is sexy :P

• That's not fat...

• I'm just not attracted to overweight people.

• Girls... do... this... too.

• I just can't date somebody overweight. It's not attractive and it shows lack of care for oneself

• I don't. I love big women!

• they must not be as attracted to them as you are.

• Because they can get skinny gorgeous girls.

• Speaking for myself of course, I don't,

• I'm not attracted to overweight women but that's just me.

• However you want to sugar-coat it, fat is bad. It's unhealthy... a lot of guys wouldn't want to date an attractive smoker or alcoholic because those are unhealthy habits. Plus being fat means you are not beautiful.

• Same reason women don't give fat guys any chance, because it's not attractive.

• Maybe that's not what he wants?

• Beautiful.
    Plus sized.

You can be one or neither, you can't be both.

• Depends what she means by plus sized.

• Well the QA said plus sized girls get immediately counted out as potential girlfriends, so we clearly aren't talking a little bit chubby.

• She a size 14 jeans. Maybe weighs 160

What Girls Said 4

• Not all do. And what, should they automatically count her as a possible girlfriend instead or something? Because that would be slightly unrealistic, considering that people are attracted to different things. Not everyone is going to want plus sized girls, just as not everyone is going to be into thinner girls.

• Because she's overweight and they don't see fat as attractive.

It's the simple equation of beauty = face/fat

• Average face with a plus size body, not really that visually enhancing to their minds. Kim kardashian has a beautiful face but she gets around.

• Because not all men like big girls. Chub chasers do