I fall in love with every guy I meet and it's just exhausting?

It is literally like every single guy I meet I fall in some kind of love with. I mean I will survey any and every guy in any room I am in, it's almost like I am trying to find my soulmate at every moment of my life. I find myself getting really invested emotionally and then it's like I get my heart broken when nothing happens because I hardly ever pursue anything because i am also totally convinced that there will never be a guy out there for me. How can I try to stop with this erratic and unproductive thought process? It really messes with me when I am always on the look out and i know that ultimately it is my behavior that will change it but I just need help getting out of this weird rut.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should focus on being happy you have such a loving heart and then be careful not to build walls around it, especially when people/events hurt you. What you have is very precious even if it only seems to be causing you trouble at the moment.

You could do something about the negative thought process though, try and replace thinking about how there is no guy out there for you with something that will make you feel good instead, so long as it's true, like focus on finding a man who will give his heart to you as much as you will to him and how you won't let negative set backs ruin this dream. or something...

What Guys Said 4

• I get what you mean about the surveying every person in the room lol. I guess the best advice I can give you is to just let it all go and embrace being single as best as you can. But I know its hard to control it

• Find a guy to make your boyfriend and fall in love with. I survey every girl in the room and seem to fall in love with every girl I meet lol

• This screams desperate to fall in love

• I find myself looking for love a lot too. I don't like being alone, and I have been single for awhile now and am looking for a relationship. It's hard because I seem to fall too fast and then crash and burn in complete heartbreak. All I can suggest is that you try not to get too invested in someone unless you truly know who they are and if you are interested. I try to keep to myself more around girls I don't know well. It's definitely hard because being in college, I meet a lot of people and I actually fell for this girl I sit next to in class. I know it probably won't go anywhere and that it'll end in heartbreak like the past, but sometimes there is just something about people and we can't help it. I've just been trying to distance myself from her for the past few weeks no matter how much I don't want to. I guess my only advice is to try not to fall in love until you know they are the right one. I hope everything works out for you, I'm right there with you

What Girls Said 4

• Before you can find love, you need to love yourself. If you become so emotionally attached to so many guys, clearly you are insecure and holding onto any scrap he throws you. STOP focusing on them, and find out who you are and what makes you happy. Mr. Right will come along... don't settle for some guy who's willing to settle for you... Or use you then toss you aside.

• I have the same issue, I will see a guy and if I find him attractive I get a huge crush... you know how the story goes. I usually give myself a mental slap in the face and tell myself to snap out of it. It's tough, but maybe trying talking to yourself mentally, probably asking yourself what do you really know about these guys to be falling in love with them, besides their good looks. Maybe realizing you know absolutely nothing about them will help you in realizing you don't actually love them.

• It's probably just infatuation never confuse that with love

• OMG i feel ya girl! i used to be like that and then after my last bad break i just decided that if he doesn't want me he's not good enough... ya ya ik everyone says that but it actually kinda helps.