How do I carry on a text conversation without being annoying?

A friend of mine and I who have known each other for almost 4 years now have recently started texting almost every day. We do not live close to each other and it has been a while since we have seen one another and only recently through snapchat and texting we have started showing interest in each other (although I have secretly had a crush on him for a while). He has not been in a relationship the whole time I have known him, and looking back I guess there was a little innocent sexual tension between us (he is also 5 years older than me) our texts and snapchats started out as innocent "I miss you"s or "come to my room and watch movies" and have progressed to "come cuddle me" or "let's make out" (which we have both expressed an interest in) as well as a few slightly more suggestive ones. We have both agreed that we need to hang out but haven't had a chance to yet because of our schedules. I feel annoying texting him all the time, and I find we run out of things to talk about, but it's pretty much our primary source of communication. I don't want to get ahead of myself, I really like him, but I don't know if he feels the same as me, obviously we are attracted to each other but does he want a relationship too, or am I just another girl to him? help!

What Guys Said 1

• Don't let the conversation die. Note: Its weird he doesn't want to meet up nor continue the conversation.

• We have tried to work out hanging out before, but it hasn't worked with our schedules. I am in university and he works all the time, most of the time we text, he is at work too, so he doesn't always get a chance to reply, and he does continue the conversation, but just doesn't usually start it. Is it annoying if I start it all the time? I just don't want us to not talk, but don't want to bug him.
      also, he was the first one to show interest in me which is why I am confused. He started with "teleport to my room and watch movies" and then progressed to "let's get drunk and makeout" when I suggested he come visit me. He has said "I will for sure" when I have asked him to come visit me too.

• at least you found a guy thats working. at least he's doing something with his life. Just with the 5 year age difference I'm not sure he could be playing you.

What Girls Said 0