Is it wrong to date someone new when you're still thinking about someone else?

The thing is I've been thinking about this guy for the past 3 years. We're never going to be together and I realize that and have moved on from that fantasy for the most part. But I feel like I will almost never fully get over my love for him.

I still think about him, but it's hard not to. We haven't seen each other for about 7 months now and I met this guy who I like and who is really easy to be around and I definitely like him but is it wrong for me to date him?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a great question, which I struggle with in a somewhat similar fashion. I know someone that strongly feels that you must wait until you are over the last person before going on to the next. Others feel that the feeling of the last person fades faster when you put yourself out there and look for someone new. I don't have the answer to this question. I wonder it the answer is somewhere in between, though. If you can date without talking about the person you are trying to forget, or otherwise effecting your date, can that not be a healthy relationship?

• I feel like with some people you may never fully get them out of your head... so you must do what you can. And that includes dating someone else as long as you are genuinely interested in them, maybe not as much as the last person but who knows right?

• I think the answer varies for each person, but for me, yes i agree with you.

What Guys Said 3

• i was in 2 relationships at one time, one girl i liked how she treated me and the other was just for sex. one girl i didn't wanna have sex with the other i only wanted to have sex with. what im getting at is. i was thinking more about her then the other girl and it made me feel bad. but i think from what i learnt is that you can't be with someone else when your thinking about another person or your ex. you need to be single or just have guy friends for now or lots of sex until you feel attracted to the new guy in your life so much that you dont even think about your ex

• Not wrong to date him, but if he asks to be your boyfriend. You might have to let him know what you're going through. You have to give this guy an honest shot. To move on

• Neither right or wrong. Just try to appreciate the person you are currently seeing and not thinking so much about the past Even though its hard, you have to try. Who knows the new guy maybe much more better?

What Girls Said 0