We've been dating for three months, but I haven't met his family yet; is this a bad sign?

I have been dating a GREAT guy for just about three months, and I haven't met his family yet. While they do know about me (he was at my house the other day when his dad called, and he told his dad he was at my house), I'm curious as to why he hasn't asked me to come meet his parents yet? They live close by, and he has dinner with them on most Sundays. He seems to care about me, although we haven't really talked much about our feelings for one another. I have met several of his friends...some of which I've hung out with several times with him. Should I be concerned about whether or not he values this relationship with me because I haven't met his family yet? Maybe he doesn't want this to be a serious relationship? I really like him, and feel I'm falling for him, but I'm scared to let my guard down. Is it too early to talk with him about it, or should I wait it out for a few more months?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't worry about it too much. There are plenty of reasons he might not want to introduce you to his family yet, or it could just be that he hasn't gotten around to it. I've gone many months without introducing my girlfriend at the time to my parents - not because I didn't like her, but because I didn't want to give them a chance to scare her off!

If it does bother you, maybe you should talk to him about it. Just be careful not to be too insistent or pushy because parents are a sensitive topic for many people (male or female).

What Guys Said 1

• Most guys don't want there girlfriends meeting there family! So don't be worried about it. If he hasn't already, have him meet your family and she how he acts.

What Girls Said 1

• personally, I don't introduce a guy to my family unless I've been dating him for more than 4 months and I'm 100% sure its headed in a serious direction. He has dinner with his family every Sunday..which tells me that he is very close to his family. This also may mean that his family is a bit overbearing and protective of him. Maybe he doesn't want you to be scared off by how intense his family might be with you when you first meet them. Give it a bit more time..if inanother month or two he hasn't mentioned introducing you, ask him why.