You are new to online dating and want to put your best foot forward?

Do you post a picture of yourself 5 years younger and 10 pounds skinnier to spice up your Match. com profile?

Most Helpful Guy

• probably not a great idea as people may be disappointed when they meet you in person and you don't look the same

What Guys Said 5

• Nope that pretty misleading. Ran into this problem before. we didn't talk much to save conversation for meeting up and when we meet up it was the most awkward feeling ever.

• I've seen a lot of guys that I dated do this. One even had his profile as a different name.

• yea all i can say is how do you plan on getting someone to like you if you lie straight out the gate.

• she could have been the nicest person in the world but because she was dishonest i wrote her off right then and there.

• This may not be a popular opinion, and I can see why

But really ten pounds is no big deal, unless it's all in your face. I don't see anything wrong with it, but it does depend on exactly how different you look now.

Use the best picture for your profile pic but include pictures of yourself in your current state too

• I would if I never ever take selfies :DDDDD

• No, I post the best current pictures I have.

MySpace angles, collections of headshots (to hide quadruple chins), lack of full body shots, all are huge red flags.

• Do you want to waste his time and yours? Or do you not want to waste time

What Girls Said 3

• LOL the last thing u want to do is give a guy the wrong idea. seriously, dont waste their time with some deception. thats not nice. imagine if u had that done to u=/

• Nope. You need to put a current pic up. Be real in your profile. If not, you are setting yourself up for rejection once he sees the real you. Not because you are 10 lbs heavier and older, but because you were dishonest.

• No I don't. I'd lie about my age to suit my current appearance. :P