Is my boyfriend Justified?

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for a year now with a baby on the way. Things started out great, but our fights have been getting worse. The other night, we had a great night and we were getting ready for bed when he said" you're my Rollie Pollie". I got upset because I'm 7 months pregnant and I've asked him to not make those jokes anymore due to being emotional and feeling fat. So he got angry that I said please don't say that and he's cusses and storms upstairs. He gets in bed and says just leave me alone and of course I can't leave things alone which I admit is my fault. So he says you're a lowing bitch and storms downstairs. I beg him to calm down and say please lets just drop it but he blows up threatens to leave and I'm crying saying please don't go and I put my hand on his arm trying to get him to stay then he turned and choked me. Was this my fault?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it is NOT your fault! The fact that he got overly upset about you feeling "fat" and asking him to not make the joke any more isn't that big of a deal. Yes, it's a problem, but not a big deal. But the fact that he put his hands on you in such a way is repulsive and unacceptable! You need to get away from him, and if he puts his hands on you before you can dump him and get out of the house, then you need to call the police. ***Actually, you can call the police and have them come as a preventative measure for when you try to break up with him. All you have to do is call your local Police or Sheriff department's non-emergency number and tell them what happened.*** If he puts his hands on you again before you can leave him then you should definitely call 911 (Or whatever the emergency number is for your area)

What Guys Said 3

• That sounds like anger issues right there. He may be pissed about some issues or something but it's no reason to choke you especially if you're pregnant. Acting out like that could lead to more violence and you have a kid on the way.

• Whoa. You need to get away from that guy. He's out of his mind with anger issues, and if he's flipping out like that, it's only a matter of time before he seriously hurts you or your child. He's an abuser, get away.

• Thank you guys for the feedback. It's nice to know that there are some guys that still have that opinion tgat it's never ok to put your hands on a woman. It's definitely hard because I know I shouldn't grab his arm when he's angry , but I don't think it should make him that mad.

• You need to stop the abuse ASAP before it escalates. Find someone that loves you and doesn't show it with verbal and physical abuse.

What Girls Said 2

• No it's not your fault at all. It's his. If he is choking you while you are pregnant you should dump him and seek 100% custody of your child so that he doesn't rape your daughter when she is born.

• LEAVE! He's choked you and you're okay with it? What if when your baby arrives and starts choking your baby? Would it be the baby's fault too? LEAVE WOMAN, LEAVE.