Will going make it look like I want more than friends?

I just started talking 5 months ago to a guy who I was close with a few years ago and then didn't talk for like 3 years. I was kinda hoping he would be more interested in spending time with me than he has, we've only hung out twice since. I got the idea that catching up was all it was going to be. Then his mom (who has remained friends with mine) invited me and my family to his beach house for the weekend for his birthday. He has no other friends going so it might be awkward and give him the wrong idea, I'm not sure if I should go or not.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well first thing you should ask yourself is if you truly like him and want something more with him. If you do I dont think there's anything wrong with you going. If you think it might awkward try talking to him before hand this might help with the tension. If you want to just remain friends with him then I suggest not going but you can acknowledge his bday. Send him a message and tell him that his mom invited you but you didn't want it to be awkward since no one else was going. Sometimes its okay to be upfront and just tell someone what you want. It avoids a lot of confusion.

What Guys Said 2

• You're family friends attending a family event. Why would he think anything of that.

• Yes girls and men can't be friends so if u go he will understand u like him Meg

What Girls Said 0