Online dating how did it go meeting first time?

How was it meeting someone for the first time from a dating site and it literally being the first time it had been from someone off the dating sites?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've only met one person from online, but I am so glad that I did. We're still seeing each other :)

I remember being SO NERVOUS beforehand. I think most girls' worst online dating fear is meeting someone crazy, but mine was that he wouldn't find me as attractive in person, or that I would weird him out with my awkwardness/shyness. My insecurities were all over the place.

When he picked me up, he got out of his car and gave me a friendly smile/greeting/hug, and then opened the passenger door for me. Swoon. He was completely normal and looked just like his pictures. Bought me dinner. Watched a movie and cuddled at his place. Dropped me off and kissed me goodnight. There were some awkward moments (I think anyone can expect that on a first date), but it wasn't bad-awkward, you know? It was just normal-awkward. It was obvious we were both into each other.

I think part of the reason why I had such a good experience is that I actually talked to him for a pretty long time (around 4-5 months) before agreeing / feeling ready to meet up. This let me get a good feel for his personality and intentions.

What Guys Said 5

• I've had a buncha first meets. You're rolling dice as to whether or not you're meeting a liar. I hate to sound negative but it's true. Girls have mentioned anything from meeting a shorter guy, a married guy, and older guys claiming to be younger. I remember reading once where a girl was messaged by a guy and they shared Facebook photos and she noticed how his graduating class didn't match his age for example. Many guys use the site for playing women for sex and many girls have used the site for gold digging where they line up multiple dinner dates with no intention of committing. I caught one girl who emailed me bragging on her Facebook about how she was getting wined and dined (she forgot to set her Facebook to private).

I've met some girls who have used misleading photos to seem thinner. Some are really good at it. I warn any guy not to meet a girl if he only sees face photos in her profile.

With that said, I was at a wedding for an old frienda mine who got married off of okcupid. I also know a girl who married a guy from match. com. My older brother's also currently dating a girl from okcupid and my last official girlfriend was from pof. com. So you can land honest relationships. You just need to be really cautious.

• She was much prettier than her pictures! We had a nice dinner but the restaurant was quite noisy and we had a few drinks so it was interesting... time flew though (we suddenly realized we'd been talking for three hours) and so said goodbye. We had one more date and that was it.

• Omg that is nice... so lol not really my business but how come it didn't work out the second date?

• I guess she wasn't really feeling it because it was basically coffee and then walking with her as she went to meet her sister (like an hour together tops) - we'd already figured out what we wanted to do next date but she stopped responding to texts so I took that as a sign to stop.

• Oh hahah well us girls can be weird so :P

• It was awkward, but we managed. Not dating site, friend of a friend of a friend kinda thing.

• Kind of awkward and didn't work out. Probably better to stick with offline dating.

• It was very very awkward

What Girls Said 2

• He was really short, and had a really high pitched voice. He said that he was 6 feet on the website, but he was more like 4'4".

• Haha wtf! How did he get away with that!

• Lmao that is so cringe! That must of been so awkward for you

• I have heard about the height problem a lot. On the guy side of things the guys deal with this issue in the weight portion where girls post outdated pics when they were thinner.

• Awkward. I didn't find I was attracted to him as much when I met him