Guy talking to girl, but he has a girlfriend (long post, please read)?

My friend is currently talking to this guy who has a girlfriend of 8 years. He told her that he has never fallen for another girl like this before while dating his current girlfriend. The thing is they talk literally all day everyday and she is developing feelings for the guy.

He likes her so much, but since he has a girlfriend he is questioning his commitment. I think they are both dumb for acting on this knowing that he has a girlfriend. She says that she doesn't want anything to come from it yet they talk ALL the time. She even leaves us to go talk to the dude.

I spoke with her about it and she's apparently confused about the whole situation. Which I told her it's her fault for letting it get to this point. I don't know what to tell her at this point, I really need help. The guy has a girlfriend and is technically cheating, I know things aren't going to end well for any of them. She's sad all the time about this guy, and we try to help her but she doesn't listen. If the guy is willing to talk to another girl behind is girlfriends back, why wouldn't he do it again to her. Which is what I told her.

Do you guys/girls have any advice I can give to her?

What Girls Said 1

• I agree that she shouldn't have let it get this far. Like you said, if the guy is willing to talk to another girl behind his girlfriends back, what is going to stop him from doing the same thing if he's with your friend. I understand that she has developed feelings for this guy. I went through the same thing. I spoke to this guy a lot, and he had a girlfriend. The situation was very similar to this guy and your friends. In the end, things didn't go well for any of us, I felt terrible about myself. After that, I knew that the best thing I could've done, was to ignore the guy and move on. If this guy really cared about your friend, he would end the relationship with his girlfriend and date your friend instead. I know this is hard for her, but the best thing to do is to move on. Find a guy who will actually put her first and not have a girlfriend at the same time.

• That's exactly what I've been saying. The thing is, the guy is a complete asshole and my friend and I both agree that he is. Just by what we know about the guy. We know that he isn't right for her and she's just sad and down all the time because of it. He even recently said that he still has the same feelings for his girlfriend but he likes my friend too.

I know for a fact that this won't end well for her, but she just won't listen. I know that a lot of the time feelings get in the way, but that shouldn't stop you from thinking rationally, you know?

Anyways, thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it.

What Guys Said 0