Is it ever ok for a guy to hit a girl?

Do you think it is ever ok for a guy to hit a girl? Explain why!

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• Only in self defense and only if she has the ability to at that point kill or maim me. So woman is running at me with a knife literally going to kill me then yeah i would hit her as hard as possible if not more so to not die. Keep in mind i say that in the factor that there is no escape and i can't simply run away due to being trapped or backed in a corner some how, or even just simply she's faster than me and is literally like a foot or two behind me. That being said that is a life and death situation. A different situation would be like if she has just punched me in the face then i am not going to hit her i will step back and if she continues to hit me or is continuing to try and hit me i simply move her or shove her back and tell her to stop and i walk away. If that doesn't work pin her to the ground until she calms down or until i can get near something to tie her up then walk away and instantly call the police. Now keep in mind the situation that i described is an extreme situation and even if it where a man i would try to handle it in that manner if possible. The only thing different in my mind between a man and a woman is if it where a situation in witch a man were running at me with a knife then i would defend myself to the point of potentially killing him if i couldn't run away, as for the woman i at least would attempt subduing by hitting first, then if that didn't work do her the same as the man. Remember again a very extreme situation that odds are by simply talking out things or pinning or tying up at the her hitting me stage the would never escalate to an issue to the point where a woman or man for that matter is going to kill me. Now if that person male or female is mentally insane and is trying to kill me right off the bat then assuming i can't again simply run away screw it that person going down one way or another and then i'm calling the cops. Again rare and odd situation, but who knows stuff happens.

• well i hope my words can be understood and can bring some form of equality and perspective to the question at hand.

• I'm with @hayhurst in this too. Most of the times (with the exception of what I've mentioned) is better to walk away with your pride intacted and be the better person. At least the person that starts it ends up looking like the loser they are. Why bother joining them in their stupidity? That makes you look like a child.

• o i agree as well im just saying there is a difference between talking about walking away like we are and actually being in the situation. like i know i would walk away because i have been in the situation where someone takes offence because of a misunderstanding and i walk away. Not many can say they will in real life even though they can talk about it. the reality is that people shouldn't hit no matter what and a woman nor a man should hit at all. Simply by communicating can misunderstandings be solved and violence should never be taken from the beginning.

What Guys Said 55

• Only in the bedroom.

• @crazyincalifornia You my dear would look incredible draped in rope and tanned red.

I've been wondering which women have been up voting my response. It's unfair to do so and not let the community know which of you enjoy such simple pleasures in life.

• Only in self-defence. The same as a girl hitting a guy.

• 7|9
    • I love this video every time I see it. He almost dropped his glasses there, could have broken them too.

Bitch got what she deserved. I like how she started crying to make herself look like a victim.

What a cunt.

• I congratulate that nerdy looking cop for putting her at her place after all that verbal bullying towards him. I second that for MH

• She would have been severely beaten by the police here in the US if she assaulted one like that hahahaha. Props for him to keep his cool.

• I'm not sure if it's ever ok to hit anyone unless absolutely necessary.

I think violence is justified when you're protecting yourself. Men are generally stronger than women so there are less circumstances when they would have to hit them (in general, guys pose a bigger physical threat to me than women). If someone is attacking you, you should do what you can to get out of the situation. If a woman is attacking you, I think it's ok to push her away so as you can leave. If a guy's attacking a girl, she's justified in hitting him/kicking him in the balls to get away.

That said, I don't think it's right to judge it based on gender. The fact is, there are women who would kick my ass. She's not guaranteed to be weaker, just because she's a woman.

• Women are the equals of Men.

If the above statement is true then a woman should always expect to get the shit slapped out of her if she attempts to stand up to a man, physically. If you can throw punches then that means you can also receive them.

So, I ask you, are women the equals of men?

• im sure there is at least 1 circumstance where it would be okay. if anybody knows, shout out :D

• If she went psycho and threatened you with a weapon or threatened your kids. Like that chick who said that god told her to kill her kids. So she decided to drown them. She drowned the baby and started with the toddler, but the husband came home from work early, saved the kid and beat the shit outta his wife.

• If she's trying to literally choke me to death or is holding a weapon to kill me with.

• @hayhurst if a girl held a gun to my head then I would disarm her first, and then if she reached for something else, im knocking her out at that point with a light pistol whip, then bind her, search her person for any other weapons, call the cops. case closed :D

• In self defense (or defense of others) but outside of that, I don't think it's okay for anyone to ever use physical violence. Definitely not necessary.

• There's such a thing as self defense.. if you are being assaulted you can hit back, regardless of the gender of the person assaulting you.

• No chance. Its disgusting. If theyre hitting you then i think you can defend yourself without hitting them but I dont think men should EVER hit a woman.

Just the way i was raised.

• Only out of self defense, and only if she is punching, 1 open handed slap…thats it…a man should never punch a woman…unless of course you're dating an MMA fighter chick, in which case you'll probably be knocked out before you even think about landing said slap.

• Yes, I would. The rule is that if you don't get violent with me, I won't get violent with you--ever! I don't set out to hurt women in any way. My instinct as a man is to love and protect women, not to harm them.

That said, if a woman gets violent and tries to harm me, I will defend myself and subdue her as needed. Don't want to, but I will do it.

The other situation where hitting a woman is ok is during sex. Lots of girls like to be manhandled pretty strongly, so as long as she's okay with that, I'm happy to be physically aggressive.

• I would never start a fight with a girl or be the first to hit.
    But if she hits me, i'll probably push back. (Women want equality, they get equality)

Although, i would never hit a girl so hard it would leave marks or anything.
    But when a guy hits me, i'll just hit him without holding anything back.

• No, a guy can really hurt a girl, most of the time a girl can't really hurt a guy, its just an emotional outburst and the guy should take it. Never seen a girl have an emotional outburst and full on punch the guy actually hurting him, normally just a slap.

• THANK YOU !! finally someone said it !

you sir have my full ostrich respect :3

• If she's a huge feminist and really pushes for equal rights then fine, you punch me I'll punch you...

I have once in the past and I'd do it again if needed. I'd only hit a girl right now if it was needed to really protect myself from real harm or harm to someone I really care about.

• you see how feminists are so dumb that they bring ruin to their own gender without knowing it.. and this is just a little piece of lots of good things they will lose if they insist in that stupid ideology

• Yes. If a guy REALLY needs to defend himself and can't manage to restrain a girl, he has the right to hit her.

BUT, this is only in extremely rare scenarios. I believe most guys should be able to get away from or restrain them without hurting them, but a girl who uses the "guys aren't allowed to punch girls" rule, to assault a man then expect to not be hit, definitely deserves it.

• Strictly speaking, only in self-defense is it "okay." Notice I said self defense and not "Only if she hits him first." The girl has to be presenting a clear threat where hitting is the appropriate and necessary response. I have been hit by my girlfriend before and I just safely restrained her rather than hit her back.

• Idk.
    People will say that it's okay to hit them in self defense but the fact is men are bigger and stronger and know a bit more on how to connect. (Not saying girls can't kick ass but this is usually the case)
    To me it just seems like there is a better way to neutralize them.
    I'd rather push them on the ground then break a nose or knock teeth loose.
    But who knows, I have a short fuse

• O trust me I know a couple of women who can kick most of the guys asses on here. One of the martial artists I know is a women and she is strong enough to knock a man out cold by socking them in the stomach.

• There is only one situation in which a guy can physically hit a woman. That situation in self defense. Any other situation hitting is not allowed.

• I would never hit a girl unless my life was in danger. But I am a nice guy who doesn't get girls to hit anyway lol

• It's not okay for anyone to hit anyone.

• There are plenty of reasons. If she's trying to kill you, has a gun to your head, attempting to kill the kids... The list goes on and on.

• Only if she threatens your life you can restrain her. like grab her or bear hug so she can't move and then wait for her to calm down. Girls can great crazy its a mans job to stay grounded!

• Unless you're defending your life (ex: she's trying to choke you or is charging towards you with a knife) or the life of a loved one, that should be the only exception.

Anything else falls under the answer no.

• In self, defence, if the guy is hit first. Here is an example from Greece which was shown live. The communist leader (woman) started hitting a member of the far right party so he stroke back. But the media still talked about ''a man hitting a woman'' as if he did that without a reason.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqmT6JGxBDg

• If she's attempting to hurt me or someone I care about, she's getting knocked the fuck out.

• I believe in equality. I dont care who is punching me, man or woman, they are getting punched back.

Does that mean I will punch a woman first? No. But I also won't punch a man first.

Noone will come hit me and try to hide behind their gender

• ONLY when she/others are beating the living hell out of him, in order for him to escape to safety

• Yes in most cases such as self defence, she attacked first, you are training or sparring with her and she is capable of fighting back, she tries to kill you, by accident.

• LOL yeah, because i like wrestling with girls

• No, but there has been times when my crazy ex pulled knives or screwdrivers on me, had to knock em out, either she gets hit or i die

• More from Guys
    25

What Girls Said 31

• I'm really surprised at how many people voted no. Of course a guy can hit a girl to defend himself or a loved one.

Or a fuckin' stranger. Shit. Who cares? If a chick wants to throw down and get violent with anyone she better know how.

That being said (I know I've said this a few times on a different threads) You CAN NOT beat the shit out of someone for like a petty slap. You have the right to use enough force to STOP someone. Being hit is not a get out of jail free card (literally) to pulverize someone.

• I'm Hispanic and in our culture if a guy hits a girl in self defense he's a punk (wimp) sissy etc... I think it's wrong either way self defense or whatever the situation may be. I don't condone abuse either way. But seriously what happened in the old days like in "Gone with the wind" when a man disrespected a girl shed slap him, without having to be worried about the cops being called on her. Biologically speaking men are stronger they develop muscle faster and have more upper body strength than women. If it's self defense their are other ways men can subdue the women to get her to stop hitting him. Or walk away. Not hit back that's just wrong and weak in my part. Men are the stronger species and they know that, but hitting a women proves otherwise.

• I don't think it's ever ok to hit anyone. You can push them away or defend yourself however you need to. There is no reason for anyone to start a physical altercation.

• Equality... if we can be psycho abusive bitches, you have every right to hit us back, because we shouldn't be hitting you in the first place.

Seems our society is all ok with men getting abused. Look at tv and media, There a thousands of examples on every show or Ad.

And when we do get hit, don't assume that the man is instantly guilty... ask what the fuck happened. Men get guilty slapped on them without even a question being asked. This leads to abuse of the system.

• No, nor is it okay for a female to hit a guy. I wouldn't hit someone who hits me because that would make me the same as the abuser. violence is not the option

• Were the Allies the same as the Axis? Were the Jews in the Warsaw uprising the same as their Nazis antagonists?

• The Allies killed hundreds of thousands of civilians. The USSR was part of the Allies. So yeah you can't really say that one side was pure good while the other was pure evil.

• No, never... He is considered a coward in my book of Ethics and Etiquette. However, if having to hold her back from clawing, he could "Hold her back" at arm's length, out of harm's way and maybe give her a shake and wake of reality. xx

• No one should hit anyone else, ideally. Since it's always wrong, it seems silly to say it's more wrong if it's a man hitting a woman. It can't just be a strength thing, since no one would get worked up if a big guy hit a small guy. It's just misogyny; "women are weak and need to be protected by men who know better, so hitting a woman is unmasculine." Beliefs like that are harmful to both sexes.

If a man hits a woman in self-defense or something like that, he should be treated just as if it were another man.

• No, and it is never ok for a girl to hit a guy.
    This has always been a double standard where the girls initiates the fight, the guy strikes back, the police come and take him away.
    Girls can be very aggressive.
    Most guys will not hit girls back and they know that.

• I think the only time it is appropriate for ANY person to hit another is when necessary such as in self-defense. Most men can easily subdue a woman though so oftentimes hitting wouldn't even be necessary.

• I do think the same rule should be applied to girls---no hitting a guy unless absolutely necessary. Most men grow up hearing not to hit a woman but the same thing isn't said to most women. Because of it some women feel like it's okay to put their hands on a guy out of anger because of some lame excuse like "it wouldn't hurt him anyway". Both genders need to use their brains and sort out their problems and emotions without violence.

• @EyeSeaYew exactly right IMO. Only hit in self defence when you have to. The issue is, most people are reluctant to imagine that women can be the aggressors sometimes. Guys are generally stronger so women pose less of a threat physically so guys need to hold back a little when trying to get an attacker away.
      If a woman attacked me, I would push her away which could possibly hurt her but I'd never start a fight or punch her.

• The "weaker" sex describing a female was always wrong. We are far stronger than we are given credit for. A girl can be very damaging to any guy simply by choosing a soft target that guys have.
      I can deliver nearly 1,000 lbs. of strike force to almost any part of the body.
      For girls to be sanctified as the always victim has been wrong forever.

• Personally I don't think anyone should hit anyone. But because of how society is today, if a man is hit by a woman, he's called a wuss or a p*ssy and then he gets called out if he hits a woman.

Just like the misconception that men can get raped, I'd say it's society's fucking stupidity and intolerance to talk that gets the conception that it's okay for women to hit men but not the other way around.

If someone is hitting you, domestically or dating violence, get out of that relationship as soon as you can. There are shelters that'll help you.

• As a girl, I think, it is okay for a guy to hit a girl IF needed in the situation. Like for example, for all the people saying NO, if i crazy girl trys to hurt a guy, say stab him, your saying its not okay for him to hit her, in defence? Obviously its not great if a guy hits a women, and is abusive, its not good the other way either, But its not okay each way unless its self defence. So since the question is if its 'ever' okay i would say yes, but if the question was talking about just hitting her for the sake, then no.

• no? and girls shouldn't hit guys either. domestic violence isn't okay in any form.

• Technically, it's never okay to hit nobody. If she hits him first, he's got every right to hit her back though.

• by hit a girl do you mean flirt or physically hit?

if flirt then yes i suppose, but that doesn't mean i'll go out with him
    if actually hit then no, and if he does i'll cut his head off with a sharpened shovel +_+

• Everyone should just keep their hands to themselves, even though that doesn't always happen. If no one raises their hands to hit another, a lot of crap can be avoided.

• Never, ever!

• Maybe if she cheated (a punch) or him or killed his family in cold blood (a lot of punches)? But I think that neither a guy or a girl should hit another, even if girls are physically weaker then guys. (yay for equality)

• I think it might be. Self defense is the obvious answer. But here's the thing, if a guy cheated on me I'd slap him. So if I cheated on a guy he should be allowed to slap me as well. I don't know, I guess I see it as a kind of reaction instead of a violent act.

• It's not okay at all. Maybe if she's trying to murder you or physically harm you in some way. Same goes for girls too.

• No. Not at all. But if the girl wants to act hard and hit the guy I think the guy should lay her on her ass.

• If she's about to kill him or someone else, I'm pretty sure hitting her is justifiable.

• That should be the only single reason. Anything else such as getting slapped or punched during an argument should be no as the answer.

• However, I would break up with her that day and go NC if that happened.

• I voted no, and if the question was is it okay for a girl to hit a guy I would say no. as well

• No i dont, unless he's was attacking you, other than that , no on has a given right to hit anyone else

• Only if the girl is coming at him with a weapon and he is about to die...

• Both parties should never hit each other

• As in physically or as in verbally?

• If its life threatening yes, but if it's not that serious just get you sister or friend (girl) to do it.

• I have all male friends so the rule they cooked up is I can hit one of them three times before they could hit me back. (Not that I've ever hit them. I just tease them by talking to my closer friend about the rules of engagement.) They have a whole book on rules of engagement for me. (Also, as pointed out to me, blocking is not hitting.) They are so awesome. I love them so much.

• Self defense.
    and not just an "ooo she slapped me and it stung a little" that's not a legitimate threat. (but in that case it'd be ok to like grab her arms or something so she can't slap you again)

• No one should ever hit the other. However, there seems to be girls who think it's okay to smack around their boyfriends, and I think they deserve a slap back. I've seen so many questions just on this site about the same thing. A girl will complain that her boyfriend hit her, and then in the description it will start out that she was attacking him with all her strength. If she is using brutal strength to hit him, he should give her a slap back. I hate the women who think it's okay to smack around their boyfriends just because she is female.

A man should never ever randomly hit a girl though, but neither should a girl.

• I've seen those questions too. I always assumed they are using their full girly strength and what more than likely feels like is similar to an annoying child smacking you with all the strength he/she had but the point is you will probably just feel irritated, not threatened nor in fear of your life.

I'll just push her off in that case or bear hug her until she's calm. Then off course I would end the relationship afterwards. That's what it is when the woman is hitting during an argument: an annoying, bratty overgrown childlike throwing a fit.

• Because most of the time, if the woman is unarmed we have better options than just straight forward fighting her and landing punching as if it were with a guy so I'm not really buying it that he truly felt threatened for his life and couldn't think of something better.

• Unless she was actually a very tall, heavy and professional bodybuilder and is capable of putting most men in a wheelchair ok then that might be an exception but that's not the typical strength and physical features of the average woman. Very, very few women are like that.

• More from Girls
    1