Why would a guy say yes to dating me if he wasn't interested in me?

I asked a guy that I like if I could get to know him better because I'm interested in him, and he agreed. But he had only recently asked out a different girl and been turned down by her. So obviously I hadn't been on his mind and he is just giving me a chance.

Do you think there's any point in continuing to see him if he wasn't interested in me before I asked him out?

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe he wants to date you first to see how things go

• That's pretty much one of the things he said when I just spoke with him then

• Ok thanks :)

• thanks for the MHO!

What Guys Said 8

• Sure there is a point. He could always develop feelings for you at any time. Just because you haven't been on his radar before doesn't mean he can't be interested in you now. I say give him a chance!

• Thanks :)
      He does seem more interested in me now, talking with me and noticing my likes and dislikes. He looks at me differently than before, in a softer way.

• nope, drop him, on to the next one

• Thanks, I wish I didn't feel so attached already

• By dating you he will know you better too and maybe then he'll start to get interested.

• maybe he had nothing better to do and was willing o give you a chance.

• Actually, based on a conversation I just had with him, apparently that is the case. He thinks I'm a great girl but he's not extremely attracted to me.

• just have someone to kill his time maybe? LOL

• you were second option, who became only option when he got rejected

• he just wants sex.

• Thanks for being upfront and clear

• but he's a guy at the end of the day. trust me, I'm sure with what I said.

• Ok, thank you

• no sorry you need to forget him now

What Girls Said 1

• So you were second choice. Why do guys do that? It's like they have to figure out who's better of the two. So wrong in so many ways. Sorry for that... hang in there.