Can you fall in love after knowing someone for only 1 month? or is it pure lust?

can it be real to love someone after knowing them for such a short time...

Most Helpful Guy

• The few times I've really fallen in love I've always felt it within a month of really talking to them a lot. I might have known them casually before. But I've never like spent tons of time and after 8 months fallen in love.

• I think, if you know you are going to love them you would know right away correct? its kind of scary that we feel so so sure about each other, but I questioned it being the paranoid new Yorker lol

• I think that chemical rush kicks in within weeks.

Now sustaining it and seeing if it's still there in 2 years is something else.

• hahaha! so true! I shall see months from now if it still the same "rush" but its like a drug though the best..

What Guys Said 4

• I think you can love them after a short time, but you can't decipher between love and lust after that long. If it starts to wear off, it's lust. If it doesn't wear off at all, it's love. Only time will tell

• you csn fall in love after knowing someone for only 1 minute actually LOL

• I know it's something like 4 years to know a person inside and out, and TRULY 100% love them, but if you mean like, shorter term love, I don't really think that is enough time to know you love someone. Seems like infatuation to me.

• yea. in the past i've fallen in love with girls that i've met for less than 24 hours

What Girls Said 7

• You'll definitely know the difference between love and lust. I've been in quite a few relationships, and lust was always involved and love would come slowly, but I guess after spending so much time with someone you can grow to love them anyway. It was different with my current boyfriend though. I fell in love with him extremely fast, and I kept it a secret for a while until we were drunk and I accidentally said it, which was absolutely horrifying, but then he said it back so it was all good haha. That was only about a month into our relationship. We've been dating for about a year and 5 months now and it is indeed real love :).

• hahah that is so cute, liquid courage is helps! we said it to each other and it just feels right sometimes u meet that person that "protocol/and timing" is not even a factor any more ahhh :)

• I don't know what love is, but sometimes if you haven't had comfort in along time having it can kind of make you feel a nice way, if you know what i mean? hahhaha

• of course I do I had someone for one year that was a cold ice dry berg and this one gives me love like crazy so maybe that is why I fell for him lol

• It could be looooove haha :)

• I think its lust its been said it takes a couple of years to know someone not just a couple of months or weeks. I think its the puppy love stage, where you find interest in them. It doesn't mean you can't love them but you attach yourself to them quickly when you have things in common. Also when they can make you laugh, but basically its a crush until its past 6 months. After 6 months you are starting to fall for them. True love grows everyday it doesn't appear out of thin air.

• Depends on your definition of love. My own says you can. You can feel the strong attraction and chemistry between you.

• You may like them very much but not love, its takes time to fall in love with someone and thats not only for guys but girls too.

• Yeah, a month is possible.

• Good question.
    Love has no limit or time. Just follow your heart and if it feels right you know it's sincere. Good luck!