Is cigarette smoking a deal breaker?

i bumped into my crush today smoking a cigarette. I am in the process of quitting and smoke once or twice a week. i am worried she will think its unattractive or gross. Can this be a deal breaker?

• Smoking Is Hot
  • I don't Mind
  • I can get over it
  • that's repulsive!

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're looking to quit, why should it be a dealbreaker?

Just be honest if it comes up and say you're actively changing your lifestyle to be healthier. She should respect you for that decision.

What Girls Said 6

• smoking is utterly repulsive to me (nice use of words for your poll haha. describes it perfectly). but for some girls it isn't. if it means that much to you, you can also casually "mention" how you're trying to quit around your buddies where she can over hear or try to bring it up in a conversation with her.

• I don't like it. At all. Won't date a guy who smokes. I can't handle the smell. My dad smokes and I'm genuinely afraid he won't be around to walk me down the isle. I don't look for or accept it in a significant other.

• I hate smoking but I don't think it would be a deal breaker. But then again idk, because I hate smoker breathe bleh..

• I always carry a pack of gum! haha i hate it to. i just smoked from a young age and its very hard to stop going cold turkey starting now!.

• Cold turkey? Lol you have do something like a patch therefore it feeds you nicotine but in small doses that decrease every week. Going from 100 to 0 is... shitty.

• I have been slowly for weeks now went from half a pack a day to once or twice a week. i think today was a sign. but yeah i know i have tried it before and it doesn't really work.

• My dad smokes and will end up dying because of that. I will never by choice have another smoker in my life. I can't deal with the heartache.

• For some people it can be.

• Definitely deal breaker

What Guys Said 6

• I'm a guy, but bro I understand smoking is addictive and can be hard to quit (even though I don't smoke). However, people really do get all kinds of stuff from smoking. It has killed many people. She should be happy that you are trying to quit.

• yes it is big time

• If I cared about a girl, I wouldn't be able to bear seeing her smoking death-sticks.

• It is not a deal breaker, but if she smokes habitually it is an obstacle.

• No smoking please. I can't stand cigarette smoke

• To the majority, it will be a deal breaker. Only hipsters and stressed out business women smoke cigarettes. I quit smoking and bought a nice e cig. My friends think girls who smoke are disgusting but I don't mind. When a really hot girl smokes cigs I get turned on sometimes.