Question for the women: If a guy lacks a college degree of any kind, is that a deal breaker for you in terms of dating him? Why or why not?

Keeping in mind that credentialed does not automatically equal smarts.

Most Helpful Girl

• no it isn't a deal breaker. i'm currently dating a guy who doesn't have a college degree while i'm pursuing a bachelors myself right now, and later a masters and perhaps even a doctorate. i don't want to be with a totally dumb person (gotta be able to hold an intelligent conversation/keep his end of the conversation up), but i don't mind it if he isn't a geek.

What Girls Said 14

• Nope. College isn't for everyone, so I completely understand if a guy didn't go down that route. As long as he's actually doing something with his life and has his shit together, then I'm happy.

• A college degree doesn't guarantee success, so it's not really a deal break... It WOULD be if the guy had no aspirations in life, or was too lazy to work or "get ahead."

• It hasn't for me so far. But I guess I've never really had high standards when it come to money/future.
    But if the guy im currently with and I dont work then maybe lol.

• haha hell no. Who cares if the guy has a damn college degree. My grandpa went to the 9th grade and went into the military. He was one of the smartest people I have ever known. My dad is super smart and never went to college. He went to trade school while in high school.

• Nope not really, he better have a job though. He can decide to further his studies in another point of his life or maybe never at all just be a good man to me. :D

• No. I don't care. I expect him to be decent human being with a good heart. That is it. Having college education is great but it is not must. I just want a responsible man who takes care of himself financially.

• It depends on if he has drive and his successful. My brother is 35, and dropped out of college, but is very very successful in the restaurant business. He has no problem getting quality girls.

• Nah, not really.
    Why? I just don't think it matters.
    I'd probably congratulate him for not being in student debt..

• No, there could be millions of reasons why someone didn't get a degree.

• No, of course not. As long as he is intelligent and responsible.

• Not really but, as long as they can pay for themselves etc idm.

• YES IT'S A DEAL BREAKER.

• Yep, 100% agree, its major deal breaker for some women.. myself included. where as credentials stunt necessarily mean smart.. it does mean a level of commitment and understanding

• to me it doesn't matter

• For me it is, I want someone with desires of superation. Someone who wants to achieve more.

What Guys Said 5

• Women aren't attracted to college degrees, they're attracted to what they represent. They represent earning power.
    A degree doesn't necessarily equate to more money, but it does show that he is making an effort to build a solid future.
    You can display all of that even if you don't have a degree.

• Nah dog, I've got a college degree and I don't make shit. It sucks.

Having a college degree means nothing unless you have verifiable skills that allow you to earn money somehow.

And guess what? SOOOOO many of the world's most powerful, influential or innovative people are college drop outs. Or just from wealthy families to begin with.

It's all about money NIGGGAAAAAAA

• I never want to college, but I am dedicated and started working full time out of college, worked my way up. I have my own house now, completely on my own and successful and not hurting financially. My brother is the same way, he owns two houses though and his own business and we both make more then most of our friends that went to college. This should have no effect because if you are a dedicated hard working individual, you will be successful without college credentials.

• Most U-grad College degree are not for the purpose of making you successful or financial able in your life.
    It is rather the means to inculcate the habit of discipline and develop patience during the most hostile period in ones life.

• for a lot of girls it says a lot about his income potential