What do you think about a girl who doesn't give it up early on dating?

How do you look at her? Like you spend a night with her on the second date and yall just lay next to each other and go to slp, no sex and of course you tried a bit but she's just not easy. Would you consider her girlfriend material?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not having sex with a guy too soon is a good idea but not for the reasons you may think.

Waiting to have sex will not take a guy who is looking for sex and turn him into wanting you as a girlfriend. If he is out to bag and tag you, well, after a date or two without getting any, he will start losing interest, the calls and dates will diminish and that is that.

But, a guy who likes you for more than the physical possibilities, he is the guy who will have patience. He is having fun with you on other levels, he is open to the idea of having a girlfriend, and waiting to have sex is not a big deal. Also, by waiting, it gives a guy time to get to know you on a completely separate level than his physical attraction to you and it is important to give guys this time. Guys do not rush into knowing how they feel about you. It takes time.

So, waiting to have sex will help you differentiate between the guys who are really in to you and the guys who cannot go beyond seeing you as someone they want to have sex with and nothing else.

• Thanks

• It's a matter of timing. I love sex. I think it is great. I don't love sex with someone I don't know well, who might ditch me the moment we're done. I think sex without love or affection is highly overrated. I want a full sensual experience that comes from being with a man who knows me, shows that he really is in to me and that he is discriminating, not just having sex with any girl he has one for a date or two. You can want sex with someone, but hold back till you know them.

• Oh, and as far as sleeping next to a guy that I am not having sex with, I personally would not do that but it seems a lot more of that goes on now. I think it would be confusing and at my age, no one would believe we weren't going to have sex, lol.

I know people who are friends of opposite sexes who will sleep in the same bed. Not a fan of that either, but if it works for them, then my opinion doesn't really matter.

What Guys Said 11

• i would rather have a girl that I have to date for a few months before we do have sex because it makes me feel a little more secure and more like she's more faithful to me than a girl that usually give it up in 5 mins. id much rather build up feelings for that person and express my love thru sex than have sex and then deiced weather or not to keep dating her.

• I like this answer.

• Yea I think 2 months is long enough but really whenever you feel you know each other and have spent a lot of time together is when you can start having sex.

• Really its when ever you two feel conformable with each other.and to take your time. I date a girl because I care about them I like them and I wanna get to know them better. to me sex is just a bonus not a priority. if my girlfriend wanted to wait till marriage to have sex I would fully support her and wait untill then. but I'm lucky she enjoys sex so I don't have to wait for it :)

• a girl who sleeps with me right away makes me think where this girl has been and how many dozens of dudes she's slept with. The gir lwho doesn't give it up right away at least doesn't make me paranoid about that kinda stuff since I know she's not some get-drunk-get-laid hoe. In short, yea I'm gonna respect you a lot more (as much as I hate admitting that cause sex would be nice).

• Thats what is funny. You guys want it and yall even try but if a girl gives it to you easliy, you don't respect her? or want to have anything to do with her? Funny how you can want something but then not respect it for giving you what you wanted. lol! You guys are something else.

• i would consider her girlfriend material a lot more than id consider a girl who did put out within 2 dates

• I would love that and hate it at the same time. With myself, I (a) want the sexual gratification, but at the same time (b) a girlfriend who I cherish and respect. By waiting you are hurting (a) but racking up the points when it comes to (b). If you truly want to be the girlfriend, I believe it's best to wait. When a girl gives it up right away, I lose my respect for her, and all I can associate with her is sex. Once you've crossed that line...there is no going back!

• Definitely girlfriend material. I look at her as someone who wants to get to know a person before she has sex with that person. I would just wait to have sex until she is ready and there is no problem with that.

• hell yeah... it makes things more fun... it's interesting... haha... I like the chase... I like mental games... I know that sounds wrong but I thoroughly enjoy toying with peoples minds... not necessarily there emotions but sometimes it happens... I like a challenge... and I was a bit of an asshole lately... I did an experiment... but that's a whole other story slightly related but not so much haha

• I would consider her more of girlfriend material. Getting physically intimate is emotional for me and unless we were just that attracted to each other, I would be more comfortable around a girl that's a little bit more conserved.

• Sounds good. Can't say anything bad about that.

• depending on how you slept (if you were holding hands or touching him at all, or you were on the opposite side of the bed)

• Opposite side but close to each other

• guys are after sex all the time, nine times out of ten if you give it up on the first night we would consider you too easy and not girlfriend material.

However it has happened and will continue.

• A girl who sleeps with you, but doesn't have sex with you... that is a girl with integrity, and definitely girlfriend material. :)

What Girls Said 6

• I think a girl should wait til she they are established to be considered girlfriend material. If you have sex when you aren't even a couple, then it says it's ok for him to see other women because you guys aren't exclusive. If you want to have sex with him, at least wait til he makes it official to everyone (friends and family) to make it somewhat serious. I know a lot of guys who had sex in the first date and just did not return calls anymore because the girl was so naiive to think that was a way to get to know each other. lol

• I know. A guy one time said that its a way to get to know each other. whatever he could say to get it on the first date. Did not work

• Yeah guys can be tricky and manipulative and 'easy' girls just believe it for some reason and trust him without even getting to know them at all! it's ridiculous. you don't even know if he has anything or his background. why would you want to go have sex & let some dirty penis (or not) get into you when you don't know where it's been and who this guy is. lol unfortunately the friends I have met (both aren't my friends anymore) have done so- one being a f*** buddy to the guy, the other guy- gone.

• I say good for her. If a guy only wants to have sex with you then after you not giving it to him after a couple dates he'll move on. If you hold out and the guy is more interested in you than your sexual services then he will wait for you to be ready. It also makes sex better since you have been anticipating each other and now you know one another better and it isn't so embarrassing to have an awkward moment.

I don't have sex with aman until I have been with him for several months, I am an extreme case for this time era, but I am still friends with all but 2 of my ex's, most of which I never slept with and I find satisfaction in our friendships and I would hope they do too.

• of course. if you're too easy then I don't think any guy would want that, I mean just imagine how many guys you'd have gotten with just because of how easy you are. so yes, you are definitely girlfriend material!

• Heck no! Sorry but I'm old fashioned and I think you shouldn't sleep with each other (no matter if there's no sex involved) until you've been dating for a while. It messes with your emotions when you move too fast like that. My boyfriend and I didn't start sleeping in the same bed until about 5 months into our relationship. Even though there's no sex involved if you let a guy sleep with you after the second, I would still consider that "easy". He'll think the next date you'll have sex with him.

• How is that easy if your just sleeping next to him? it doesn't mean the girl is gonna give him sex the next time. what if yall were out all night long and the girl didn't feel comfortable driving herself home because she knows she'll probably sleep behind the wheel and she lives 45 minutes away so the guy offers to take her home and it wouldn't make sense for him to have to drive all the way back where we came from when it is 5am in the mourning so the girl is ok with him spending a night.

• He can think all he wants. Its not like we messed around in my bed to lead him on to think he will get it next time or soon. We just went to sleep but if that's your opinion, I respect that but I highly disagree. I do think I took a risk since I really didn't know him yet. that I would call it but easy involves giving him sex too early in dating and I didn't do that at all.

• im a no sex before marriage girl. think you'll be more respected if you stand by your own morals and values and not give in to sleeping with someone early on in the dating process.

• same here, emzy