Is it possible for 40+ man to have interest in a 20yr old student?

I'm 20 years old! Attending college, it all started when I started going to my sister's class. I've always had this intensive interest in older man, those who are smart and mysterious, those that can keep a conversation going. However I've never dated one so I lack on knowledge on what is it that they really look for. He's about 40+, divorced, workaholic and really good looking, a big potential and just mind blowing! Weeks ago he started showing this special interest in me and well since I lack of knowledge on what is it that they're looking for, I go blank. when I'm near him, gives me this new sensation that I've never felt before! The way he expresses himself and the way he grabs my arm and just compliments me since I'm always smiling, it just comes out naturally, but I don't know if he just sees me as a student or more than that? And I'd really want to know why is he hasn't dated other woman but don't know how to approach him with that question. advices. this man is all in one, I'd really want something serious with him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course they would be interested but the age gap is an issue.

I mean when you are 40 they will be 60! Old, grey and about to retire!

Find a younger guy with maturity that you like. They will grow old with you and become that guy you are attracted to now as you reach the same age together.

A 40 year old guy would love 20 year old tail but would they pursue a relationship. Maybe or maybe not.

The age difference will be a constant challenge.

• I totally know what you're talking about and I've dated guys my age and they're totally lost in the game that forget who they truly are, I'm a little more old fashion I'd say. I like stability and seek for a smart man that knows what he wants you know

What Guys Said 7

• Well if he dated you he would get expelled. But I have a 30 yr old friend who married a 50 yr old guy and they so happy. I couldn't give advice on how it happened other than she liked him and he liked her.

• I know he would get expelled but I'm a month away from graduating! Nobody knows how things happen they just do

• I'm aware of the aging process but I was taught that feelings go beyond looks! And if his willing to try it then I'll be more than happy because his a real worthy man

• You attracted to him... that surpasses looks and ageing and whatever else comes with it. But I know from experience that time changes people. You will be different later, so will he. What I am saying, go for it... I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying that it does come with it's own relationship curveballs.

• I know a 40 year old who has a 20 year old girlfriend and a 19 year old daughter, things are going well for them, but you should probably wait till your done school so you don't get him fired. Also think, if so many women go for older guys, that sucks for they younger guys! Course if I was 40 and a 20 y/o wanted to go out with me there's probably no way I could refuse :p

• Lol your sense of humor is good! But most guys my age like I had said before are just lost in the game and forget who they truly are

• Thanks! Just be careful he isn't the type that goes out with students often. If you find him charming then I'm sure a lot of other girls do too hah

• Yes.

Older man, younger woman? Totally happens all the time.

Just make sure you don't remind him of his ex.

Also, decide how serious you want him. He may be done with being married / having kids, and if you're not you need to figure that out and be willing to talk to him about it. Don't let him keep it casual for years on end (unless you're down with that).

• I don't think it would be a good idea to let him know how you feel about him, only because your a student and he would lose his job if he's not interested then it may be awkward in class etc. but if your still interested in approaching him then there is no correct way of doing it, just be yourself and talk to him and tell him how you feel,

• of course!!! there aretons of 40 yo guys who like 20 yo girls

• yes indeed.

in fact i use to know a couple in this site with the guy being over 40 and the girl was just 20.

• Ugh... date/sex? Sure.

Something serious? Are you kidding yourself?

• I'm not actually! Sex, looks, etc is not what attracts me! a thoughtful person is mind blowing something you will never understand

• Consider that in ten years, you'll just be entering middle age, and he'd practically be a senior citizen.

What Girls Said 1

• He only wants the Coochie