Online Dating? Does it work for you? What do you think of it?

When I was younger I was told that online dating was a waist of time. Until last year when I decided to join a website called OkCupid. Many would tell me it would never work and all the girls on the website were fake. Well I didn't listen to them and I stayed on the website. The beginning of this year I met the girl of my dreams. At first I thought it wasn't possible for, her and I to have so many things in common. After meeting in person I found out everything between us was perfect. And online dating was the best thing I ever did! I met her on May 10th of this year and since then we have grown closer both physically and mentally. And that we are now engaged and will be getting married soon! For me online dating worked perfectly and it's the best thing I ever did! I met the girl of my dreams she is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen!

Now for the question: Has online dating worked in the same way too? Do you believe in online dating? Why or why not?

Thank you for all your answers!

• Love it!
  • Hate it!
  • Don't know, never done online dating!
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

106

Most Helpful Girl

• I have spoken to some great guys on there which I believe lots of potential. So yes I think online dating is not as bad as people think. It's a good way to put yourself out there when you don't get the chance or confidence to speak to guys you may be interested in.

What Girls Said 9

• Internet dating as well as offline dating can be very frustrating. But if you know how to use it, it can definitely work fine for you. Take the time to write a great profile. It's more important than you think. Always use authentic pictures of yourself! Your profile should showcase your true personality. Make sure to join several sites. This comparison can be pretty useful for you - http://okaydating.com/ . When I was just starting my online dating activity, this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcovKsjvVgM was kind of tutorial for me. Online dating has its pitfalls and dangers out there. This video provides some guidance and warnings.

• I think online dating can be a great tool! I'm not to sure if it works out yet. My goal is to get married and I'm still not married so I can't tell you if it works. But I have had relationships form from meeting a guy online.

So at least that part is true. I know of a few people who have met their husbands/wives online. I hope I am that lucky!

• I met my best friend on okcupid and my current boyfriend on POF. They are the only people i have ever met online even tho i talked to a looottt of guys online through those apps. I made sure to establish a connection first before agreeing to meet each other... otherwise, i would feel very uncomfortable. Some people say thats not how it goes and your only supposed to talk for a little bit until you meet, but look at them going on a dozen different dates and me just meeting a great friend and a great boyfriend :-)

• All I met were creeps and psychos, but a have a few friends who met their spouses online and it has worked for them.

• Online dating is not for me:) as I`m already engaged. But I know people who had positive experience with dating sites. A good friend of mine got acquainted with his girlfriend via online dating sites. Now, they are going to get married.

• Online dating as any other nothions has its pros and cons... Love vs fear of being rejected, true soulmates vs scammers... I personally met my fiance via http://www.asiandate.com/ dating site the next evening after being registered. My best friend has been heavily into online dating for 2 years and no results... Everything's relative.

• Never did online dating

• That all depends on the kind of person you meet, I for one have talked to all total perverts but maybe that is just the luck I have. I don't think its a bad thing but is slightly dangerous in some ways, which is why I have just given up and adopted a cat.

• I've never tried it, and I'll only try it for fun, not to look for a real relationship.

• I wish this happened to me too. But it never worked for me. I think that it's more likely to meet guys who have common interests with me in real life.

What Guys Said 6

• Online dating just DOESN'T work for me. Or MOST men, at least (because it worked for you).

The main problem is the skewed male-female ratio on these sites. there are a lot more men than women on such sites. So only those men who are REALLY good looking, or stand out from the rest in some way, can hope to get responses from women.

But there's a problem with that too. If a good looking or desirable man has a profile on a dating site, the women often wonder why he was unable to get a date in the real world. More often than not, they conclude it with the thought that "If this guy, in spite of his looks/desirability was unable to get a date in the real world, he probably has some serious flaw which he is trying to hide from his online persona". And he gets ignored too.

So you see, its a lose-lose situation for men. It CAN work sometimes, like how it did to you. But its a huge gamble, and the chances of getting anything positive is almost negligible.

• I find most of those women to be gold diggers I have heard so many storys

• @Iron_Man

Yeah, right! They may be gold diggers, habitual liars and criminals too! My friend's cousin got into huge trouble because he was dating a girl from a dating site without knowing she had some criminal records against her, and they almost arrested him too along with her (don't know the specifics, though).

• Yeah those kind of people from sites like those are real tricky people I have no use for them

• I voted for "Love it" - I met my girlfriend exactly online, at Russian dating agency ( www.bridge-of-love.com/...ere_to_find_girl-41.html ), though I was rather skeptical concerning it, it turned a real romantic and pleasant experience for me.

• Never have tried it before

• I am on a free site thats called something like that but I never use it for that I use it for sports talk in the fourms

• My best friend got married a woman he met on behappy2day. com and I’ve only heard good things about it. So I have decided to register as well, let's see what happens.

• Good luck to you

• Hi,
    I decided to join one dating website OneWife. And I must say I have a nice chatting with a beautiful girl. She's real, we can sometimes speak using video chat right there on the site. We are friends now but I hope to be more than just a friend, we'll see ))) So I also think that online dating is not so bad.

• who has tried tinder. what a fucking joke. everyone on there is shallow as fuck

• i fail miserably in there xD :(

still though. the main problema with online dating, in my opinion, is that its a lot about learning to market/sell yourself. some people may like all of that... selling, marketing, entrepreneursihp, etc.

but if you don't like to market yourself, just stay away of online dating , as otherwise its gonna crush your self esteem (heh, just like me).

Still though... if you really want to do it... my advice is to watch marcus lemonis's show, and apply his lessons when you create your profile..