Why does my girlfriend keep feeling the need to tell me there's nobody else?

She's said it twice straight and also whenever something might suggest there is another guy, like one time i went over to hers and she had been given flowers and when i brought this up she told me they were from a friend

Most Helpful Guy

• the most obvious answer might be that there is someone else.

but it could also be that...
    - she's been cheated on or has cheated in the past and feels a need to constantly reassert that everything is ok
    - you've been cheated and she tries to reassure you
    - she is just aware of the way things may seem and feels need to try and nip things in the bud

What Girls Said 2

• Have you spoken to her about your suspicion? But if she does this constantly, then maybe there is someone else and she has become very paranoid about this. Trying to keep it a secret and scared that any hint will tip you off about it. That would explain why she's acting this way.

• She a ho. Jk
    But seriously I think she is insecure or maybe she almost did

What Guys Said 2

• Sorry man, but oftentimes when people feel the need to empathise more than usual that there isn't someone else, or suspects the other one is cheating without a reason... well, it's because they're either considering it or doing it allready.

So i'm afraid there's a fair chance her heart isn't yours anymore. But play along and pretend to be none the wiser, and try to find out exactly what's going on. Let her make the mistake that exposes her

• Guilty conscience... sorry dude there's someone else