Would you date a girl with depression?

I have a mild to severe depression and I was wondering if anyone would still like me

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure if I would. I mean, everyone can be depressed. Many can go through short lived depression...

But I think I'm severely depressed, and it's been lifelong, so a part of me might gravitate to a woman who had it, but I don't know if I'd date someone with it for a long time, nor do I think I'd consciously gravitate to a girl who had lifelong depression. It sounds hypocritical to say, but I don't think I could handle trying to bring up a woman who's depressed when I'm down so often, and I'd want to date someone who could help bring me up; though I don't want it to be something where she is my only reason for being happy.

What Guys Said 4

• I have, I would again, and I kinda dig it.

Girls with depression usually have to channel their feelings into something else, like art or music or deep thoughts... and I like deep thoughts.

Being depressed is always a great excuse to get outside, drink coffee, kiss or do anything that gives you a "mood lift" in a positive way.

"Why you want so many kisses?"
    "I'm depressed, remember?"
    "Ohhhhhh... yeah"
    *Kiss*

• Depression doesn't really mean much to us, if we like you, we will get you out of depression in no time :D!

• I would give it a go at lest why not

• If you're a mood killer and you drag me down fuck no I don't wanna be around someone who makes me feel sad when I'm around them I wanna hang out with my girlfriend and be happy and having a good time not be sad and having a shitty time.

What Girls Said 0