Do you think it's a turn off when a guy isn't handy around the house?

You know how guys sometimes saying a girl who can't cook is a turn off.
Well I just found out what the equivalent to that is. I never thought of that before.

I was at my friends house the other day and I kinda had a thing for his housemate. Until they tried to hang a picture and because the walls are you weird you can't use nails you need to drill holes.
So he was looking at me and asking "so how do you do this?" I was like "i don't know, you're guy"
Instant turn off. On the other hand I suppose it's kinda hot when a guy is good with cars or generally fixing things

Is that just me, or does anyone else feel like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, this is why gender roles exist. Women like men that act like men. Men like women that act like women. No amount of political correctness will ever make women want to have sex with guys that act girly, or make men want to marry women that act like men.

What Guys Said 4

• I could see it as an annoyance if handy work is needed quite frequently around the house, but generally, maybe not? lol.

• I will be honest, I can't fix anything (am learning) and I have been told that some women see it as a turnoff. I just always focused on music and studying, so I have other talents and am happy to find a girl who vibes with that.

• i'm the one who does all the housework. after all i don't have anyody else above my head hahahhaha

• I don't want to touch electricity... I just am too afraid I'm going to get shocked

What Girls Said 5

• This will be hard to believe I know but it is absolutely true.

A really close girlfriend of mine who lives with her fiancé does most of the DIY as he has no idea what the difference is between a screwdriver and a hammer... Seriously.

He is, so totally TOTALLY useless around the home, he hardly has a clue how to use the lawnmower or the vacuum cleaner.

Heaven only knows what she sees in him, although to fair he is a really nice guy otherwise. :)

• I wouldn't dump a guys over it either, but geez it's still a turn off

• Not a turn-off, no. But I generally find it weird when people are completely incompetent in this regard, men or women. Like, there are certain basic handy things everyone should know how to do.

The times where that's a guy's job to know how to do these things, should be over.

• My dad is so unhandy but he is married with my mum. They seem ok with it :) My mum is super handy by the way. They complete each other :)
    I am very unhandy so i would love having someone handy around me :)

• Yes -_- such a turn off. I can't stand it.

• well, it is somewhat.. but I'm handy myself.. so it's not a problem.