Why does it seem like now it is expected for girls to ask guys out?

What happened to men not being pussies and being able to ask a girl out without her doing something first? Why can't we go back to that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly the guys who are complaining have been asking girls out and just got tired of it. So they're actually seeing if the girls out there are putting the same effort they have been putting in all along. Luckily there are some girls who are mature and can prove that they are able to pursue what they want and ask a guy out. They're 10x hotter than the silly girls who hold their hand out wanting everything handed to them. I'd choose a mannequin over a girl who can't approach a guy. It has more personality.

• I have been rejected more times than I can count on my fingers by guys, and I have never had a guy approach me so I can ask a guy out... I'm just tired of it

What Guys Said 9

• I used to be that guy "why don't women come to me bla bla" but I realised when a guy approaches, it makes him look good and confident and the attraction is better. Also a man shouldn't be scared of shit and be a go getter.

• Because this is what feminism wanted. Equality. Now you've got it. Enjoy... so... er... woman the f*** up LOL

• It's called sexual harassment laws. Women can talk to men and it's flirting. If a man did the reverse and the woman does not like it. well then it's unwanted and therefore harassment.

• I always ask you women out, I just take my time doing it making sure you actually like me and are worth the effort.

• There is nothing wrong with it but expecting it? Ha no way it goes for both genders. A guy sometimes want to see how much a girl really likes him and if she goes up and asks him out then it shows us that she is confident and just like girls find guys who approach them with confidence to be attractive it's the same with guys. A guy shouldn't be the only one doing the approaching girls should too it was also done back then.

• As I have said in earlier responses to opinions I have never been approached by a guy, I have always done all the asking so it's not like I can't ask a guy out, I am just tired of doing all the work. I should also add that I have been rejected more times than I can count on my fingers in the last two years. Any time I have approached a guy they make fun of me so if that is them being proud of my confidence then I'm tired of feeling like shit

• Exactly. I agree with you completely. And what's this of women paying on dates and all that shit? Personally I love the challenge of asking a girl out and it's her right to be treated like a lady

• I have a funny story to do with that actually xD
      So I went to lunch with a guy one time and I offered to pay for my food to be nice and he never once offered to pay so I had to pay for myself. I consider it my first date but it's still bs

• Haha no I mean I have a best friend that's a guy but this one is a girl who he likes xD
      Either way he's a douche

• I agree. Never do a douche. First let him grow a boooosh

• Thank feminists.

• Damn feminists! lol first they force me to go to college and get a decent job, and now I have to do all the work when it comes to guys! A bunch of bs if I say so myself lol.

• Woman complain about = treatment. But in some regards they want things to stay the same. Can't have it both ways.

• There are certain things that I'm cool with, but there are also a lot of things that I wouldn't mind giving up... like voting haha I will never vote for anything anyway

• What girls? I could ask a girl out if I ever meet one again. Life is a sausage fest.

• if you want equality then you should better ask guys out, rule applies to same gender

• As I said to an earlier opinion, I would be okay with giving up most equality. I think feminism is a load of shit.

What Girls Said 3

• What happened to women not being entitled bitches and being able to ask a guy out without him jumping through hoops to impress her majesty first? Why can't we go back to that?

Oh wait.

• Maybe because I am tired of doing all the work because I have never had a guy approach me. I always do everything.

• Aww, poor bubu. Sucks being rejected all the time, doesn't it?

Now think of every single guy that gets rejected HUNDREDS of times throughout his life. What, you think just because you're a girl, you think it's not your job to go after a guy you like?

Pursuit of companionship is the responsibility of those, who want companionship.

• Are you a supporter of equality between the genders? if so, then that doesn't only mean equal rights, equal privileges, and equal oppurtunities, it also means equal duties and equal responsibilities.

You either deal with it or stick to tradtional role allocations. But if you settle for the latter, don't expect to be treated equally only in regards beneficial to you.

• Not really. As I have said to a few of the guys who responded, I think feminism is a load of shit and I would be cool with giving up some rights. I never plan on voting, I'm not eligible for the military, I would rather stay at home and do house work and start a family than go to college and get a job. Why? Not because I'm lazy, but because families were closer when times were simple

• That's exactly what I said, isn't it? I said you choose either the one option or the other. Obviously, you choose to be a second class citizen, like women used to be for hundreds of years and still are in certain countries. That's your decision. Good for you. Now all you need to do is find a man who feels the same way.

But don't expect other people to stay stuck in how things were. If our society always did that, we'd still have medieval living standards and rights.

• Why can't we avoid gender expectations and go to, "If you are interested, just go for it" ?

• @ 0neside. ^^^this (your very first response).

• Maybe guys feel the same way- that they feel intimidated because they always HAVE to do everything.