Do you have any preconceptions about a girl who's dated interracially?

I was talking to a girl about past relationships and the fact that my last ex is black came up. I could tell that she immediately reacted, even though she didn't say anything.

I've also heard guys online talking about girls being trashy if they dated black guys, and not "wanting them back".

I know that they're probably just insecure losers and racists, but I also know that everyone has some biases that they don't really mean to have, myself included.

So what is your gut reaction to finding that out? Does it cause you to re-evaluate a girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• Preconceptions: low self esteem; utterly ignorant of genetics and the differences between the races; no respect for herself or her ancestors; no respect for her culture; actually wanted to have mixed-race children who were ugly, less intelligent than her and who looked nothing like her.
    Would I consider her as a potential mother of my children? HELL NO!
    It is not such much a case of "once you go black you do not go back", it is, at least among the men whom I know, "once you go black we do not want you back".
    Damaged goods. Forever.

• Are you kkk?

• @MrMuffinMan I thought that Jebus was from The Simpson. Anyway, his real name was Yashua. Probably Yashua ben Joseph al Nazareth (Yashua son of Joseph from/of Nazareth). Jesus set out to reform Judiasm. If you read the gospels you will find at least two occasions when he said that his message was for the Jews only, not the gentiles.
      As for African private schools, I have no idea. I know nothing about them, but the fact remains that the African has the lowest average IQ on the planet. My white ancestors started in the stone age too. They created everything that you see around you. The Africans created. . . what? Crime, violence, misery, etc.
      Aesthetics aside, it is an act of insanity to mate with someone when result will be children who will be inferior to yourself.
      I do not 'hate' other races. It is just that I draw the line at miscegenation. At a university I tutor (for free) students who are Iraqi, Turkish, Chinese and Indian because they asked for help.

• Lol exists just make my day😂 they get me so weak it's ridiculous

What Guys Said 18

• I don't care, I've dated girls who have dated guys who were black before me. Only racists and insecure guys who assume every black dude in the world has a Pringles can in his pants care about that shit.

• I am appalled that people are still still so racist that they judge people if they date inter racially. and to answer your question I have no preconceptions in my mind you should be allowed to date anyone and not be judged for it

• That's better for me seeing how I'm a Pacific Islander and there's like almost no P. I's like me in the area where I live other than my cousins. I date inter-racially and it's all I date ALL DAY SON!!!

• I think "awesome, she's not racist"

lol

• If a white girl dates a black guy. I assume that she likes guys with bigger and better muscles. No, not the penis part. I don't believe that white girls date black guys for that reason. If an Asian girl dates other races, that means she thinks Asian guys are too timid, passive, and perhaps asexual as well. Again, nothing to do with penis size here. Yes, it sure does cause me to re-evaluate a girl because I would think that she thinks there is something not right with the opposite sex that share the same race as her.

• I don't think black guys have better muscles, it all depends on whether or not the guy works out.

Having only been with the one black guy, I shouldn't really comment on the size issue as a whole.

• Definitely not just the fact she has dated another race tells me she believes in equals... or on the other hand she could've just had "jungle fever" at a certain time in her life

• Wtf? NO !!

• Not for me, but I'm Black and White.
    I've heard some white guys talk to girls I dated before and say "I never thought I'd see you date a black guy". I had mixed feelings about it. But yes, some guys are like that.

• No I dont care at all.

• nope no preconceptions what so ever

• She's open-minded, intellectual, kind, caring, understanding. All the qualities that make for an outstanding life partner.

• yeah i do, i have noticed things about women who do.

• Most people have at least dated one person from a different race at this point in time.

• what's the difference what color a person you dated was? You could have dated a rich upstanding interracial person, or the worst trash of your own ethnicity. Trashy is in the person, not the color of their skin or the skin of those they date.

• I usually date interracial it's all about her face if it's hot or not

• Trashy most likely, even if the guy wasn't black...

• That's more of ur area's demographics, than race IMO.

• Yep...

• I'd rather be with a girl who sticks to her roots

• Why? Like, are you more conservative/traditional in other things? Would you like a girl that wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, that kind of thing?

• Are you from the US? I don't feel like I'd be destroying white culture by having a mixed family.

• Do what you want I just wouldn't date a girl like that I'm just being honest

• Nope never have any preconceptions. People including some black people love to talk down and nit pick at blacks and they have a thirst for finding fault in black men. Why? I guess society has to have a scapegoat . If someone judges you for dating interracially (especially if it isn't because of self hate, fetishes and stupidly buying into negative stereotypical myths) don't pay it no mind because people like that aren't about shit anyways.

What Girls Said 8

• any guy who cares about this... is lame as fuck.

• I can't believe this is even a thing. I've only heard about people being concerned about someone dating interracially in the past on this website. Never in real life.

• Well I am in the South I guess. I don't think most people are like that; we only ever got funny looks from old people. But I've been surprised to find out just how ignorant people I thought were cool really are...

• So true in real life people are not bothered but, people online act like people are so offended if a guy/gal dates someone out of their race. All you'd get is stares and stuff.

• My boyfriend is white and I'm Asian, and we have never had any dramas. I don't know anyone who has. Ah well.

• Well I'm Hispanic & a lot of Hispanic guys don't want a girl if they've been with a black guy... that being said idgaf I'll be with whoever makes me happy :) I've never dated a black guy though because most of my black male friends are shady player types (pretty cute tho ijs)

• Don't go for the shady player types, no matter how cute they are! I learned that lesson with a white guy... my black ex bf (full disclosure, we're still doing a long distance friends with benefits thing... it's weird) isn't anything like that, so keep looking I guess.

• No cute players for you! (unless you're only looking for sex)

• At minimum she is liberal about racism.
    There is probably a lot more that goes with that observation, but without knowing her I'll rain check.

• My gut reaction is that they see that color doesn't matter.

• not really, doesn't change how I perceive her. that's stupid. one of my best friends just told me that she is talking to a black guy now. I don't really mind. Sometimes I am a bit surprised though, I won't lie.

• Why are u suprised? He's just a guy. :-P

• @Prof_Don yeah. I agree with you, and that one dude is an idiot.

I personally would date a member of any race if I liked them. Despite being raised by a racist father in the south lol

• But you're destroying the white race if u do that! :-P

• ... Ya kinda

• A lot of white men get butt hurt when they find out a white girl dated a black man. It's hard for some white men to fathom that women are actually attracted to men who are not white
    Especially on gag

• Really? Seems like most people here are pretty tolerant. But yeah that's a reaction I got from some dudes around where I live.