What do you tell a girlfriend, who's on a diet?

I'd support her but I don't want to be annoying. I know she doesn't follow her diet plan most of the time either. What can I tell her?

Most Helpful Guy

• How would supporting her be annoying? but you sound like you want to VERBALLY support her... how about you physically do it. Join her regimen (idk if you know what that means.. sorry)... and she will love that kind of support. shows dedication.. which will make her more dedicated.

What Girls Said 3

• If it's something she wants try to support and do it with her to get her on track

• You either just support her, do it with her, OR just don't comment.
    or you could be the guy that says lets burn a few calories in the bedroom haha

• "Why are you even on a diet? You look fine to me."

• I do tell her that, but I also respect her decision to lose some weight.

• Sorry that's all I can tell you. I don't really understand why people go on diets unless it's for health purposes.

What Guys Said 2

• Try joining her. It'll be supportive to her, and when it comes to trying to steer her in the right direction it'll come as less judgmental if you're doing it yourself.

• yeah that's the word I was looking for "judgmental". I would join her diet, but thing is I don't need to. i've stayed fit this summer, but she gained weight over the past few months that she wants to lose. If I were to join, she might think I'm pitying her or something. But at the same time I don't to be pestering her about the food she ate, whether she worked out etc... or maybe I should?

• You're really over thinking shit here dude. You hamstring your ability to do much of anything by always second guessing yourself. Need to or not isn't the point. It's a dedication thing. This is something she's trying to accomplish, and could probably use help doing.

• Diet is fashion nowadays! Why people do diet? For keep fit? Diet is a great term. I just know, eat healthy and live healthy.