Do guys get turned off if a girl they are about to have sex with just started period?

I think this is kind of awkward if I've dating a new guy and we're finally making plans for the weekend to get frisky, and then just when we're both looking forward to it, my period starts mid-week. I mean, it's awkward to bring this up to him but I feel like I have to and it'd be better to give him a "warning" than surprise him at scene when we're going at it. Now I'm not even sure if I should suggest that we cancel our weekend plan or let it stay on and we can do some non-frisky things. I feel like he's probably thinking it too but doesn't want to appear like a jerk by canceling it just because I'm on period. Ugh just a tricky issue with a new guy.

Anyway is this a turnoff for guys? Some people say that if he really cares about you it shouldn't be a big deal. He also told me he actually doesn't mind it but I feel like he's just being polite. How would you handle this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah yeah yeah. Tell him for sure. I think you have to. You just need to ask him if it's okay to still get "fisky" or not. Don't surprise him with it. He'll let you know if he's into red lights or not.

It's a turnoff and a dealbreaker for me, but for many guys they don't care. You say he says he doesn't mind it? Okay. Still tell him though.

What Guys Said 6

• Im going to give you the same advice my mom gave me when i was 3, "use your words," talk to him about it and ask him to tell you if it grosses him out and make sure he knows it won't hurt your feelings either way. If it does bother him consider doing it in the shower or maybe just makeout and try some hand stuff or give him head. No matter what, i think you should still enjoy your weekend away with or without sex.

• It's frustrating and annoying, but I try to figure 'hey, at least you're not pregnant!'. I'd still want to hang out with you, we could fool around a bit but that might just make us more frustrated!

• Personally, I wouldn't care. Sex with a bit of blood sure beats no sex at all. Depends, though. As you can see from some of the other replies, some guys do mind.

• Yeah it would be a turnoff. I know they couldn't help it, but it's still kind of disgusting.

• It wouldn't worry me but if you're on the pill, you can jump the placebos and have no period.

• no period sex is the best sex it's when you're on heat ;p

What Girls Said 2

• I've personally never had a guy say "no" to sex while I've been on my period. We would use a condom most times, but it didn't seem to be an issue for them. It was actually more of an issue for ME since there was no foreplay involved.

Maybe you could say to him you're feeling a bit uncomfortable with the sex for this weekend, but if he wants to hang out and do something else that you're down for it. That way you'll see if he still wants to see you with sex off the table. AND if he ends up initiating sex while you're together, you'll know it really doesn't bother him.

• Firts of all, is it ok for you to do something while you have a period? If yes, tell him and see how he feels about it. If no, explain to him you can't because you have a period. Generally, it's better to talk about it. In my opinion, it's ok to have sex when you have a period, if you and your boyfriend don't feel bad about it, and if you're doing it somewhere it doesn't matter if it gets stained and you can clean up the blood afterwards. Though, usually only couples that are together for a long time and are comfortable around each other do this. It might feel awkward for you both, if the first time you do something there's blood everywhere