Holding hands on first date?

GIRLS, im going out with a girl tomorrow. We've been FRIENDS for years without ever showing interest in a relationship. Going out was actually her idea, but even still, she doesn't seem to show a lot of interest. She's always "too busy". She actually is, but truth or not, that's an excuse.

Anyway... When we go out, is it ok or whatever to hold hands? Especially if she's actually not that interested. But how do I know? If I take her hand and she doesn't feel the same about me as I do to her, then will it be too awkward and uncomfortable?

oh... and she might be talking to at least one other guy

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Hold her hand

• even if signals on the date indicate she isn't interested? or are you saying take a chance? and thanks for your comment

• If she wasn't interested she wouldn't have asked you out

What Girls Said 2

• Feel the date out, see how it goes. If you're both having a good time then try to hold her hand. If there's no chemistry and it's awkward then don't.

• Well, if she's showing interest, why not?

I held hands with my boyfriend in our first date, it was cute.

What Guys Said 1

• Depends on her personality. My GF was extremely nervous on our first date and every time I tried to hold her and or caress it she'd flinch it away.