I wanna tell my crush I like him, but he's also one of my closest friends. I also think he likes me back. What should I do, and how?

We've known each other since kindergarten, we hangout and talk a lot at school. At home we go to occasional parties but usually just email. I have a little crush on him an want to tell him because there's apart of me that thinks he feels the same way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, that's almost our story, we are getting married next July, I've known him since preschool. I kissed him, (stole it) for the first time when I was five or six, he didn't like it as well as I did. For all that time we were (still are) inseparable best friends.

When i was 15-1/2 I finally talked to my Mom about thinking I was in love with my best friend. I remember her looking me in the eyes and asking me, "well what are you going to do about it?" Like nothing you won't let me date for another six months, well you and Daddy won't. My Mom went to the other room, I could hear her whispering to my Dad. She came back and told me that I could tell him. Today? I want both of you to come see us if he feels the same way, (they knew he did because when we set a time to talk with my parents his were there too.)

I waited a day (chicken!) finally I sat down with him and told him that I was so in love with him, that I didn't know what I would do if he didn't love me back. I then told him I would understand if he didn't feel the same way, even if he didn't I still want to be your best friend. He stopped me. He told me that he felt the same way for a long time, he didn't want to ruin the best friendship he ever had either. I also told him that my parent wanted to talk to us about how we felt about each other.

For the first year we agreed to basically "Court" one another, we were not allowed to be alone together or go on "Dates" without a chaperone. What that did for us was give us an amazing foundation, where the touchy feely didn't enter into the relationship the first year. I would do that again in a heartbeat, I am so thankful our parents (both sets) were so wise in their thinking, they had talked about this together and agreed on rules that we would follow or we would have to wait to date.

Now for you, sit down with him and tell him just how you feel about him. If you Love him tell him. Make sure that you tell you understand if he doesn't feel the same.

• Oh yeah. Make sure he knows if he doesn't feel the same way that you still want to be best friends like nothing happened. That way there isn't the pressure of he has to say he feels the same to keep your friendship.

Feel free to message me or comment, I will answer any question about my BF and I if you think it might help you. Don't rely on polls to make your decision, you already have a solid foundation to build on being friends with the guy you love first is the best!

What Guys Said 3

• From kindergarten? What a love you could have if he reciprocated! Just write him a note if your too shy. Spell it out. Hopefully he will see the same way. You can't run your life by G@G polls. Just gotta take a chance.

• Tell him you really have lot of feelings for him

• How exactly can he be your friend if you have a different expectation? The definition of friendship is mutual expectations.

What Girls Said 0