How to get a date to a formal?

So my date was my now "ex" (never really dated but felt like it)... and I need a date so I got the nerve up and asked my crush and he texted saying:
"it sounds fun and I would love to go but my girlfriend might not like it >:(. I can try asking her, but she is the jealous type. lol."
"I'll ask, and if you still want to go I'd be glad to."

So that really broke my heart even worse and I said:
"I don't know you had a gf and it's fine I can ask someone else bc I don't want ur gf in the situation. sorry"
and he said:
"It's no worries! You won't have any trouble finding someone else!"

anyway had to remove my crush from the list :/ I ask a guy jack and he was in a play that night. So now i'm dateless and just upset I don't have a date and no guy 2 ask

Most Helpful Guy

• Your a beautiful girl!

Everything went smoothly on the invites, you did a good job, it just didn't work out for you. Too bad, keep asking, although a lot of the guys may be scared to say yes as they may find you a little intimidating. You can always go alone I guess or try for a family member or neighbor. Maybe a paid escort? But why don't you have a bf? Guys should be fighting over you!! If all else fails, just let it go and move on. It won't kill you by not going. Don't force things if everything is not right, it may make it worse. Best of luck!

What Guys Said 7

• Relax. This may seem to be important at this time in your life, but in the overall context of your life this is not something that you should be so stressed about.
    So you are dateless. It happens, probably a lot more than you realise.
    I went to my school formal alone, because I was the school freak. I was cleverer than the others and spent my lunch times in the library studying. I could not get a girl to talk to me in in a civil manner until I was in my mid 20s. If you think that American girls can do the mean girl routine and have the resting bitch face, you should see Australian teenage and early 20s girls at work.
    The point that I am trying to make by telling you my sob story is that you would not be the first person who went to a formal alone. We I in your position, I would make a point of going alone. You might be surprised by how many of the young men are there without partners, which would give you a list of potential males whose company you could seek during the evening.
    Relax. Go. Enjoy.

• You'll have a tough time the closer it gets to the event. Guys will assume you just want to use them to save yourself from the embarrassment of going alone. I refused to go to my senior prom with any girl in my class even though girls tried to set me up with several dateless girls. I wasn't going to spend a bunch of money taking out a girl who had ignored me for 4 years.

• Why do you "need" a date? Is that the rules or something?

• a lot of guys here are more than willing to fill the spot with you lol. =P don't let a mishap or two be the game changer for you.

• are you desperate. chill girl, you just went out of one ^^

• Ask another guy who is single. It would be a nice surprise, trust me.

• It's not a terrible thing to go without a date. Yeah, it may feel weird, but you don't HAVE to have a date, it's not like, required

What Girls Said 1

• Tinder lol jk
    I don't know but if you don't find a date just go have fun anyways :)