Is physical attraction a key factor in dating?

I know that I put a lot of emphasis on being attracted to a girl, and I was wondering if girls put as much emphasis on looks as men do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well they don't exactly see an ugly and be like ohh baby that ugly guy looks like he's amazing to talk to i wanna get his number, and we all have our dream guy,
    but if an average or slightly below average guy with a great personality who treated you well, was competing with the hottest guy you've seen in a long time who was an asshole and treated you like shit, you'd go for the first guy. Maybe you'd wanna fuck the second, but it'd just be fun and you'd definitely want the first guy for a relationship or real dating.

What Girls Said 6

• I was seeing a guy that wasn't atractive to me at all... But he made me laugh and he was sweet and he made me feel beautiful.. Turns out in the end my looks were not good enough for him...

• Yes it does matter

• I think its quite important, because you have to have some attractive, like you wouldn't want to kiss someone you didn't think look to good? You may be put of, but there is always someone, for someone, in this world

• Of course initial attraction matters

• Ofcourse it matters... There needs to be some sort of attraction

• Every girl has her own tasted in man

What Guys Said 4

• From my experience. It's the same, both sees look for attractive partners. But women on the other hand being in the less physical spectrum are not jacked up on testosterone... allowing them to be more selective and choosey in a mate. Though love can bud in more then just looks if that is truly the answer you seek. But initial attraction is looks.

• Short answer: Yes, it matters.

• Let's end it now.
    Yes it matters lol

• Of course, it does.