If you were a cheater during your teen years, did you grow out of it by adulthood?

Is this ever just due to immaturity? I was a cheater in highschool but not long once I passed 20 that all changed. I emotionally cheated in my early 20's but I would never dare to do anything like that ever again. But I wonder about other people that I've known just as long.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. A cheater has no morals & you don't magically get morals over night when you hit 21. Once a cheater, then always a cheater. If a person loses their attraction to you then meets someone they are super attracted to then they are going to cheat if they have a history of it.

That's just the way they are. That's why I would turn around & walk away the second I found out someone cheated at any time in their life. Can't trust them & it's not worth the headache wondering if they ever will back stab you or not.

What Guys Said 2

• Well, I was a late bloomer and didn't get started until early 20's. But yes it was as you say more or less.

• Nah I wasn't a cheater but I was a liar as in I lied in that telling them they were my girlfriend so technically I never cheated

What Girls Said 1

• Why did you cheat then? Well I know i dislike and hate people who cheat on their partners, but unexpectedly, I ended up being a third party. As much as I wanted to back off, it's really tough. I even questioned myself if I like him, but still a part of me think its a no. But if its a no, how did i ended up being a third party?

• I think as I was young I was just very insecure and wanting validation. I have almost been the 3rd party as well. I'd just never do it again.

• but its easier said than done yeah. nobody wants to be a third party until you realize that you probably like a guy who's attached and then it seems like where ur mind have to then fight against what is right and what is wrong.