Could muscles ever be a turn off?

I think it was probably 4 years ago where I went through my butthurt teenager phase and began lifting because i thought it equaled sex (lol) and about 2 years later i started taking body building seriously because I was addicted to the culture. My preference in women hasn't changed... i tend to like soft, intelligent, kind, athletic, women but i find that they arnt that attracted to me. The ones that tend to be attracted to me are the sterotypical college girl that i dont really like that much.

this is not me, and ill probably never be this awesome. but do any of you consider this to be too big?
therxreview.com/.../

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I really don't like too much muscle mass on a guy my boyfriend is really slim and only a bit toned but I love it. Too many muscles just look too lumpy and I feel like I wouldn't be able to hold him close enough and the sex would be weird and you can see all the veins and I just don't think I could get turned on by a really muscly dude but that's just my preference cuz I like skinny guys. I like being able to easily wrap my arms around a guy and I am a really small person so I don't want to feel ridiculously small beside a guy like even though my boyfriend is 6'1 he's very slender so I don't feel overwhelmed I guess and he's easy to snuggle. I like a smooth streamline body not all lumpy and hard I don't know lots of women absolutely ADORE muscly guys though! Maybe take up swimming for a while to build longer leaner muscles instead of bulky ones if you are concerned? But really I would say if you enjoy the body building culture meet a girl who is into body building too because then you don't have to change yourself and you already have something in common!

What Girls Said 11

• Depends! I don't mind muscles at all! But some guys can be super bulky where then I'd find it a turn off.

• Yes. I usually tend to go for more lean guys. LOL, my bf is the exact opposite of what I usually look for but he's still hot to me :)

• The guy in the link isn't too big at all. It's those body builders that get so big that they look deformed, that are unattractive and gross looking.

• well lets be clear, the man is huge and godly. but also when u see pictures of body builders u generally see them flexing... he isn't even flexing

• yeah. being overly built is a turn off.

• I admire all body builders, they work so hard , and very motivated a disciplined, if a body builder asked me out, id prob say no, coz i would know he was prob on steroids and these can make a person aggressive and bad tempered, i couldnt deal with that , so while they look great physically, id never date one

• Muscles aren't a turn off for all girls, in saying that tho i go for guys who dont have overly big muscles. But yeah it really depends on the girl :)

• No this is not too big. In fact it's perfect. But any more than that then it'll be a turnoff, at least for me.

• Yeah if it's too much and the guys is obsessively lifting weights just to get buffer when he already is

• If it's too much, then yeah its a turnoff. But to be honest it's all a matter of personal preference.

• Yes thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/bodybuilder-22365137.jpg

but the picture you posted isn't a turn off that's fine lol. A close friend of mine has a body like that I think it's nice.

• If you're too big, then yea, sometimes.

What Guys Said 2

• Girls are great if they're healthy and toned, but if they're obsessed with working out then it's like... what? Let's go get a pizza or something and talk about stuff

• if one day i become muscular i'd dislike my body like hell