Why do people stay in meaningless relationships (sex-only relationships)?

I'm just curious as to why people stay in relationships where there is just sex and no real commitment?

I admit, I was with a guy who I was head over heels for, but just pretty much saw me as a tool. He would tell me that he loved me, yet he didn't because I was just his (f*ck buddy), why toy with my emotions like that? I found my worth and cut all ties with that guy.

I understand the thrill of a fling over a relationship, but many people end up getting either emotionally attached at some point or get their hearts broken. Is it really worth it?

I ask myself the same thing... why I stayed? Because I THOUGHT I was in love, when indeed I had no idea of what love even was if I thought that was love.

I'm just looking for some clear answers. Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sex-only relationships sounds pretty much like no responsibilities to me, very easy. So there you go.

You shouldn't dismissively call other types of relationships 'meaningless', especially ones you don't understand.

What Guys Said 1

• Well if the relationship means sex, then it's not technically "meaningless". A sexual relationship with no strings attached has pretty obvious appeal.

What Girls Said 0