Is it safe to date someone in the workplace?

My only fear is that if we break up and end things on a low note we'll have to put up with each other cause we work together within the same confines quite often. Is it worth the risk?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, do you feel like its worth the risk? If you two do date, and then break up, there is a high chance things will be awkward in the workplace. But, if you are really interested in this person and want to take that chance, then go for it. Just be prepared and responsible for whatever happens. Hope this helped a little bit...

What Girls Said 8

• It comes down to company policy. Some allow it, some don't. Where I work, if you get romantically involved with a coworker, one of you is immediately transferred to a different store.

• Hell no, because like you said "we'll have to put up with each other " Haven't you heard of the phrase... something like you shouldn't mix business with pleasure. All the people that do, end up with bad outcomes and another failed relationship under their belts.

• No. Dating a co-worker is the worst idea ever. If things go South with your relationship, things will likely go South in your work.

• I have a lot of feelings for this one guy I work with and everyone says we are perfect for each other. However he doesn't want to date because we work together and he doesn't think he couldn't handle us not being able to be friends if things ever went sour. It kills me that I can't be closer to him. So i say go for it its way worth the risk.

• A rule of mine is definitely no... I don't want the drama

• Trending on dangerous grounds there bubba... Unless you see yourself being able to marry the girl ( same both ways) I'd be verrrry hesitant

• Not if he's your boss

• No too much drama communicate that's all

What Guys Said 1

• Nope, don't shit where you eat.