Plus size girl, do I have a chance with guys?

Okay, so I'm 18 I weigh 220 pounds and I'm just under a size 16 in jeans. I've never had a boyfriend, never been on a date, nothing. Guys never pay me much attention. I don't really know why, other than my size. Also I'm pretty quiet so that could contribute as well. But I met a guy a while back who I didn't even like at the beginning, I thought he was nice and intriguing and I wanted to be friends with him, but nothing more. He's kinda dorky looking, which I like, and the biggest thing is that he's smaller than I am which makes me self conscious. I've known him for a couple years now, but only really talked to him more than just a couple words a few days ago, and realized that I really liked him a lot. He's probably the nicest person I've ever met, and the only guy I've ever met who's actually had a conversation with me. We went on a hike with some friends, and he kept holding branches for me and like helping me up some of the hills and idk, he probably does that with everyone but it was just really sweet. I just want to know, do you think I even have a chance with him? Or honestly, with any guys? I think I come off pretty confident to others, but I'm pretty self conscious about my size and have always been afraid of boys because of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its the size of your heart that matters! attraction is more than skin deep and relationships are built on many things! if he held branches for you he probably likes you! thats good! Be confident its the sexiest thing!. I Dated a girl that was 6'2" and i am 5'11" she was also probably heavier than me! but she approached me with confidence and i just felt so attracted to her. Best of luck you sound like a beautiful person!

What Guys Said 6

• You do have chance girl. If there is one thing that you shouldn't be afraid of is boys. You may just need to be more outgoing and confident in your skin. I know plenty of bigger girls in loving relationships. They are confident girls who know their worth and seek out people who will help them grow

• Off course you have a chance every girl just like every guy has the chance to date anybody. Its all about confidence & communication. In my opinion i like plus size girls more thsn skinny girls for their personalities and just because I've never met a plus size girl whos been: rude, disrespectful, plastic, obnoxious or of bad nature. In fact i prefer them any other day of the rest of my life. So you go out there and with head held high confidence in hand you'll find that man in your arms you'll see.

• i really don't have a precise response for your question but it really depends on the guy. It might really work out. All you need to do is ask him directly. We guys are so dull when it comes to dating and hints from girls we just can't see them so ask him directly you might have a shot you never know. Good luck.

• Why not just start eating right and going to the gym? Getting in better shape is good for your health!

• 220lb? You better get in the weight room with me so we can protect the QB from the pash rush!

• You can definitely get a guy, but you need to be realistic about the types of guys you can attract.

What Girls Said 2

• I can relate to your experience 100%. I too am 18, of a larger size, and never had a boyfriend. I think you definitely could have a chance with this guy, and any guy for that matter. Just be optimistic about it, and learn to love yourself. (I'm currently on my own journey in learning to love myself, and it's been a bit challenging)

• Of course you do ! I'm plus size and I never have any problems getting dates. You would be surprised to know how many men appreciate the beauty of a plus size women. Confidence is key !