Should I wait and if so how long?

i like this girl and she just got out of a relationship. The guy just randomly broke it off from what my friends told me. I found out she is single because I walked up to her and was asking her about another girl i had an interest in. they broke up 2 weeks ago. I asked her if she was OK and she said she is over it. I replied with a joke "the only reason I did not ask you out was because you were taken", and she just laughed. Should I wait to ask her on a friendly date? We work together and I have own her for 2 months. I don’t know how long their relationship lasted.

• yes ask her on a date
  • no wait

What Girls Said 1

• She's likely still a little heartbroken, no matter how ok she seems. It'd be best to wait a little while.
    If you do feel like going on a date with her, then maybe ask her on a group date, or go with a bunch of friends to some event. It's an easy way to feel out how she's done with the breakup, and if she's ok dating you.

What Guys Said 1

• Wait just a little. But make sure tat she likes u. I mean like hang out n all. Not a date yet she just suffered frm a breakup u dont wanna rush. She might refuse at this stage. Just hang out with her show tat u care ask about the break up n all. then after like 7 days or smthin ask her out