Transgender women.. What guys think?

This is a question for the straight guys.
As a MTF transwoman I find it odd that guys will talk/flirt/date you intill they find out your trans. Then its like im the devil, what is this? Im all woman... Apart from... Well down stairs. I love sex but would never use it on him, as I want to get rid of it as soon as I can.
dose it rilly matter that much to you? Or do you not know how to react?

• Happy to date a transwoman
  • Not happy to date a transwoman
  • Just show me the result
... Nice to see there are plenty of transphobic people here... :l

Most Helpful Girl

• That's because they're transphobes. They tell themselves that they're 100% straight and they never ponder if they could be more than just straight. You challenge their sexuality and they don't like it.

It's also quite sad to read that some openly gay people are transphobes. Like really? Your years to walk freely around as openly gay without negative repercussions haven't been so countless that you can forget what it feels like to be hated by others for feeling what you feel.

There are people out there who are accepting. Those who flat out reject you aren't the ones you would want to have in your life anyway! Stay strong!

• Good reply thanks, its actualy quite commen I find. there is LGB and T is taged on the end, we are just trying to be happy like the rest.

• so stupid. I never ask for men or women to hit on me and desire to sleep with me (I'm in a relationship), yet they do and I don't mind talking to them. you should have the same rights without being accused of fooling/tricking people.

• thanks for mh :) good luck on your journey to find a good guy..

What Guys Said 27

• I think it would depend on the individual. I've never dated a person who is trans but I do think some like Mandy Mitchell or Jenna Talackova are beautiful.

You have an uphill battle finding a guy unfortunately (a MTF trans person told me she has exactly the issue you describe above) and I think you need to be honest about it. I see transwomen on dating sites and they all make it very clear in their profiles.

Jenna for people who don't remember, she was a Miss Universe Canada contestant:
    http://outwords.ca/images/41c-jenna-talackova.jpg

• This is a difficult one, because society has very negative preconceptions about trans women in particular. Much of the country is incredibly homophobic, and this fear is manifest more strongly toward trans women than anyone. It sucks, and it's not fair, but many guys will either feel like they're dating a man dressed as a woman, or they'll be terrified of what their friends will think of them.

You definitely HAVE to be upfront about it. There's a lot of violence toward trans people, especially trans women, and you need to make sure the other person is receptive to the idea before moving forward to a more intimate setting. Dating sites are an option for filtering through more people to find someone more non-judgmental, and in the real world, you might also try out gay bars or other LGBQ establishments.

• Red dragon is right, it's because you didn't tell them up front. Had you told them up front they probably wouldn't have flirted with you.

Personally I respect your right to do whatever you want to your body, and I will refer to you by whatever name you prefer but I wouldn't date a transgender. I just don't see it as being the same as a girl that was born a girl.

Just be up front with people, sure you'll get turned down a lot but when you find the one person that's alright with it, then you're golden

• It seems to me that you may talk/flirt/date a man without telling him you are a MTF. I feel like that's something you should tell a guy up front. Maybe you don't feel that way, because you are all woman from your perspective. However, from their perspective they may not see you as that.

I don't date at all regardless.

• I have tried it all sorts if ways, I normaly am up front

• I think it makes to mention it fairly early on, for that reason, but it would be weird to meet someone and say "I'm *name* and I'm a trans woman", presumably you'd talk to the person a bit first.

• @Bysshe Yeah I know, but letting someone know sooner than later is more helpful.

• No it's disgusting. Altering you genitals does not change your genetics. We might have the medical and cosmetic technology to alter your appearance any way you like. But if you were born as a male, there's no changing that. It doesn't matter what you did to your body, it's still having sex with a man.

• how is it disgusting? you and i are lucky in that we never questioned our gender. can you imagine how confusing and disturbing it might be to feel that you were born in the wrong body?

• Have you ever actually known a transgender person? Do you honestly think that given the negative societal preconceptions about changing your gender, people would elect to do it voluntarily, on a whim? Being transgender isn't about being ashamed, it's about being born certain that you are the opposite sex, and feeling like you're living a lie every day. Changing your gender is about accepting who you truly are inside. Please take the time to learn from and understand another person before hopping on the judgment train.

• @Amagi82 Yes I knew one trans woman who used to be in my social circle. He/she never had an operation, and still convincingly looked like a woman even at the beach. I don't hate people for having a psychological disorder such as GID. I think people are free to do whatever they please with their own body, but I don't recommend it. I would never date a trans girl ever, plain and simple. I think it's wrong how some states are allowing GID teens to use the opposite gender's restroom in public schools, just for saying. And I think it's twisted when a trans-whatever dates someone without revealing their truth.

• I think it'd be fine if you were upfront with the guy. Most will probably walk away but there are plenty out there that wouldn't.

Just dropping a bomb like that on someone though isn't a very good practice for a ltr

I'm guessing you must be pretty dang passable to get to that point though

• I didn't vote. I had a few trans friends ages ago in Hollywood. No sex, just friends. (At 20, one of me taught me to eat ass on a girl.) Back then trans were not perfected that much. Nowadays they got some very beautiful trans / shemales.

I'm not queer, but if I had a gorgeous shemale friend I maybe would ask if I could fondle the breasts, mostly out of curiosity. If I liked the feel I'd ask for a second helping of pawing. If I was stuck on a deserted island with a gorgeous shemale I may be tempted. But I could be friends and go out with em causally... no problem! But unless she has a nice sensitive clit I'd pass on everything else.

• As a purely heterosexual person, I am not interested in having sex with people who have penises, only people who have vaginas. If I wanted a relation which is both romantic and SEXUAL, that's kinda a dealbreaker, and honestly it kinda registers like when you buy icecream that claims to be chocolate, but as you take the clothing off the external layer is chocolate but the inside is peanuts and you're lethally allergic to peanuts. That's kinda how "figuring out trans condition the hard way" works. Voted B).

• We're beyond sympathy at this point.

A "trans woman" is a man who is trying to live as a woman, and either has/probably intents to get his dick chopped off. Having your genitals removed doesn't change what sex you are anymore than a woman wearing a strap on suddenly becomes a man.

Those guys act upset/disgusted "you're the devil" because they realize they were chatting up a guy, and they're not gay.

• some of them are better than ordinary women i tell you

• You can change your appearance as much as you want but you will never be a woman. I have nothing against what you did to yourself or anything like that. Do what you want with your body. But I just don't really like being tricked by people.

• No, I feel like I would still be dating a man

• I have nothing at all against transsexuals.

• I couldn't be anything more than friends, personally.

• It's unnatural and weird. How can you demand everyone respect you when you can't respect other people's preferences? Seems hypocritical to me.

• Personally I would not, I only want to date real women

• Well your still a Man.. that's kinda fucked up

• wow so you are transgender! which basically mean you dress as a women and had boob job.. am i right?

• You aren't a woman.

I don't date men.

• the revolution of cosmetic technology is surely scary , any men can easily equal most women in beauty..

• "I find it odd that guys will flirt/talk to me until they find out I'm trans."

What the hell? Its not like you Told them upfront from jump that you are that way so why find it odd that they would stop talking to you? You're lucky none of them have been violent towards you because if you run across the wrong guy, that could happen. But you really need to be upfront especially if you look very passable.

• i dont think i would just the fact that its a man you picture is a turn of to a lot of people dont have a problem with them but wouldn't go with them

• I couldn't do it, I would be dating a man. That is not what I want. Plus many people would figure that being a woman is all you ever do or think about or wonder about, whether its true or not. Like you are going to have an identity crisis for the rest of your life rather than enjoying life or commuting yourself to real goals and achievements

• Besides you can't bare children so what would be the point of long term

• I will be honest, i can never see a transgender woman as a woman. For me, they are males acting like females. I would never date with a transgender but i know there is some people can one night stand with transgender women.

• I voted C because I'm actually not sure how I would feel about that. I certainly wouldn't seek out a trans woman, but if I was dating a girl that happened to be one I might be alright with, but I really don't know.

• Yes, it matters.

HRT, at its best, can do a pretty good job of making someone look like the other sex. However, it does not make you the other sex. According to some, you're a girl. According to others, you're a guy with breasts.

• I don't care as I'v said before a lot of the times trans women MTF can look more beautiful then
    "" real females""

What Girls Said 4

• Honestly, I am a girl but the guys commenting on this are pretty cruel. Most guys are extremely homophobic, and most people in general are closeminded to anything that doesn't fit in a "normal" category. Some men have vaginas, some women have penises. Get over it. Since penises are usually associated with a man, this immediately makes them feel insecure. They feel disgusted because they have the internalized workings of a homophobe. Which makes them transphobic, and they are not the kindof men you want to be around. They don't consider you a Real Woman (which you are) they see you as a man playing dress up. So basically, fuck them. Stay strong. 💓💓💓

• I think that you should be true to who you feel you should be. I think that many of the guys on here are only concerned with what is between your legs and not what is in your heart or your head. For them, if you were once a guy, your always a guy, even if you get yourself reconstructed they do not have the open mindedness to understand that the world is in more complex than just "She has a penis". Its an overall homophobic fear that stems most from westernized religious views and personal comforts about sexuality and one's own personal Sexuality and the opinion formed from that. One's parents also seem to be a heavy influence as well. Personally if someone calls you a male when you've defined yourself as female, they are just ignoring your personal identity. Those people are ignoring your reality in favor of their own and how they see you. Don't waste your time on them. Life is full of closed minded people, be strong and move past the negativity and I'm sure you will find someone right for you =)

• Guys can be so superficial when they think they know a lady from a nice face, having boobs, and a hot body. hahaha... Punked! Harisu was absolutely beautiful and some others from Thailand. More beautiful than natural CIS women and men

• Off topic:
    I'm pretty attractive but I have seen some really gorgeous women who were born men. Females need to step their game up instead of putting other women down and shit if they spent more time taking care of their appearance and less time acting jealous they unattractive women would look better